1 - Our History

(Okay since I'm writing this story online on my phone, I can't use bold or italics, so this is going to be a different format then my other story. But I'll try to make it work lol enjoy)

Third person  P.O.V.

1948

Kennedy sighs and continues to move her toy dolls around her backyard. Alone. With no siblings,  or parents who want to have anything to do with her, this isn't abnormal. Occasionally, her mother will take her to the park and let her run around with other kids, but that's not often. She looks up and down the empty street in front of her house before deciding to play in the front yard instead.

She giggles to herself after imagining her toys saying amusing things to each other. She gets so lost in thought, that she doesn't even realize that there were a couple other kids running on the sidewalk towards her, kicking a ball.

"Look out!" Is the last thing she hears before she turns her head to be greeted with the ball smacking her in the center of her face.

"Agh!" She groans and puts her face in her hands.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry!" Says a boy about her age, running towards her. "Are you okay?" He asks, finally reaching her.

"I'm fine." Kennedy replies, a few tears running down from her eyes.

"I don't think you are." The boy remarks. "I'll help you, though. I'm George. Harrison."

"Kennedy. Reed." She giggles, attempting to mock his awkwardness.

"Well, Kennedy, your face is pretty red where the ball hit you." George says.

"Where's the boy that was with you?" Kennedy asks.

"That was my brother. He ran off after you got hit. He feels bad, I promise. He just got worried."

"Oh."

"But obviously I was more worried, since I ran here."

"It's not a competition, George." She giggles.

"Yes it is. And I won." He smiles at her. "Do you want to come play with me at my house? You seem pretty lonely, and I've got toys too!"

"Sure! And yes I am very lonely. I just have to be back home before supper at 6:30. Until then, my parents don't check on me or anything so I won't have to bother them."

"Oh. Well, you can come play anytime you want. I just moved here so I don't have friends yet."

"Me either. But I've lived here since I was born." She replies shyly.

"Well then we're each other's first friends." George smiles proudly. "Best friends."

"Best friends." Kennedy agrees and they walk off towards the Harrison's home.