3 - It Was Only A Kiss

Third person P.O.V.

"Where the hell were you, George!" Kennedy taps her foot angrily on the short grass in the backyard of the Harrison's home.

"I told your parents to tell you that I wasn't going to make it! Why won't you believe me?"

"It's not that I don't believe that, it's that you won't answer my goddamn question! Where the hell were you?!"

George takes a second to try and come up with an excuse. 

"Doctor's appointment! I had totally forgotten about it." He says.

"Bull fucking shit!" She calls his bluff. "You were gone all day! I went to your house at 12:30 to see if you were home!"

"Wait... were you at the park for three and a half hours?" George asks, feeling bad about ditching her.

"Just two. And Paul kept me company there. And my parents said-"

"Paul?! That fucking player?"

"He has a fucking boyfriend! He's your best mate! You're seriously telling me you don't trust me to hang out with him?!"

"It's not that I don't trust you. I don't trust Paul! I just care about you and don't want Paul to end up trying anything."

"George," Kennedy says softly. "I promise there's nothing to worry about. Paul isn't going to try anything. And you know that if he does, I can defend myself."

"I guess so. Seeing as though you're the strongest bird I've ever met."

"So... fight over?"

"Fight over." George smiles before pulling his girlfriend into a sweet kiss.

They both forgive  each other, not knowing that each of them is  lying. Kennedy doesn't know that George ditched her on purpose. George doesn't know that Kennedy wouldn't fend off Paul. But what they don't know can't hurt them in the moment. But it will sting like a bitch in the future.

George's P.O.V.

"Paul told me about you not showing up for your little picnic with Kenny yesterday." John says to me as we walk together on the sidewalk.

"Fucking Paul." I grumble. "Keep an eye on that little prick, will ya?"

"What? Why? What did he do this time?"

"Nothing yet. I don't think..."

"Stop being dramatic, kid. I'm losing interest in your story."