The Unforeseen

Hey everyone!
This chapter narrates the events of that same Saturday but from Katara's perspective, as Zuko and her were in completely different places at the same time.
I hope you enjoy it and thank you for reading!

                  ———————————————

Katara stood still, watching as Zuko waved his hand at her and Aang before quickly getting into the carriage.

Good luck, I know you'll dazzle them all. She silently wished him the best.

"Ready to go?" Aang asked her, clearly eager to leave.

She nodded in silence before speaking. "Yes, come on."

The two of them hopped on top of Appa, who was also looking very excited at the idea of going on a little trip.

Kirachu Island was far different from what Katara had pictured. The location had the tropical weather common to the Fire Nation but felt warmer for some reason. It wasn't just about the heat, there was a certain atmosphere to it that made it feel like the perfect place for a relaxing day.

"Aang, this is great! This place looks amazing." She felt genuinely happy to be there with him.

Aang grinned, definitely pleased with her reaction. "I'm glad you like it! Now, let me explain the itinerary I have planned for us."

Oh, that's actually very sweet of him. "Go ahead, mystery man, I'm listening."

Aang started to walk around, moving his hands in grandiloquent gestures. "First, we will explore the town and the market, my source said it was one of the bests of the Fire Nation."

She remembered her conversation with a certain firebender. By source does he mean... Zuko? He probably does. She pictured him helping Aang with the planning of the trip, brainstorming which were the best spots for their... Date? The trip was definitely a date of some sort, there was no way to deny Aang's intentions. Could they have possibly talked about anything else regarding me? For some reason, the idea didn't sit well with her. The thought of Zuko listening to Aang bursting out his feelings for her, because let's be real everyone knew it at that point, made her feel uneasy. Why do I care if he knows we are kind of a thing? I need to stop this overthinking nonsense and enjoy the moment.

Aang carried on with his speech. "Next, we are going to find something amazing to eat. Finally, we are going to bring the food here, to the beach, and have a picnic."

Katara smiled, she had to admit the plan sounded great.

Her silly laughter echoed all across the seashore.

"Aang, stop or I promise you I will end up throwing up! You can't make me laugh while I'm trying to eat." She said, a little out of breath.

That didn't stop him from fooling around, levitating all around her while making the funniest faces possible.

"Oh, come on, you know you are enjoying the show." He laughed as well.

Katara sighed, smiling. "Yes, it's very entertaining but now I would love to finish my spicy soufflé."

"Okay, you win, for now." Aang came down from the air scooter he had created, sitting down by her side.

"You were right about this place, the food really is amazing." She said, admiring her almost gone snack.

He grinned, looking proud of himself. "Well, I'm glad you liked it. Although, food-wise, you haven't lived until you tried the macaroons that my people used to make. Absolutely the best mid-afternoon snack ever."