「ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇssɴᴇss」

Jimin gnaws on his bottom lip, keeping quiet. Jin grabs his chin gently and makes Jimin look up at him. As soon as Jimin's puffy eyes meet Jin's gentle, worried ones, he caves.

    "Jungkook kissed me." Jimin says and Jin's eyes grow wide.

    "Jungkook did what ?!" Jin hollers and Jimin nearly falls off the bed as Jin shoots up and heads for the door. "I swear to god, I'm going to strangle him with my shoelace! I can't believe he would assail someone like that, let alone my little bean!" 

    Jimin scrambles up and pulls Jin back by his arm, having to use all his strength to stop Jin's determined steps.

    "N-no! It-it's not that." Jimin splutters and Jin raises an eyebrow at him, anger still evident in his eyes.

    "What is it, Min? I have places to be, a responability to slap some sanity into a certain someone to fulfill." Jin says impatiently.

    Jimin looks away, fidgeting. Jin squints his eyes at the smaller. 

    "What are you not telling me?" Jin asks and takes hold of Jimin's chin to make eye contact, knowing that's what makes Jimin spill.

    Jimin sighs, feeling his eyes tear up again.

    "I... He didn't do it without my consent... I wanted him to kiss me." Jimin admits.

    Jin looks at him, expressionless. 

    "Why?" Jin asks and Jimin bites down on his bottom lip, looking down at the floor again.

    "I like him... no... I-I think I'm in love with him." Jimin says quietly and closes his eyes, a few tears escaping.

    Jin is silent for what feels like forever and Jimin doesn't dare to look at his reaction.

    "How long?" Jin asks, his tone soft, makng Jimin look up.

    Jin's face is painted with sympathy. He reaches over to cup Jimin's face, brushing away the tears with his thumbs.

    "I've been attracted to him since the first time we met." Jimin confesses, feeling safe with the older.

    "Who else knows?" Jin asks.

    "Just Tae." Jimin replies.

    "And you feel like you can't tell your brother because...?" Jin trails off, wanting Jimin to continue.

    "Because it's gonna initate complications and drama... no one wants that." Jimin mumbles and feels the hopelessness in him growing bigger.

    Jin thinks for a moment.

    "What happened exactly? With Jungkook I mean." He asks and Jimin feels a blush trying to fight its way onto his cheeks, despite the situation.

    "I was dancing, and when someone joined me from behind I didn't know it was Jungkook. We danced kinda intimately and I didn't know it was him until he suddenly pinned me to the wall and kissed me. We were both drunk, but when we pulled away he realised his mistake and rejected me. I know he's right, but it hurt. It still really hurts." Jimin's voice breaks and he starts sobbing again, hugging himself. 

    Jin pulls him to his chest again and Jimin gratefully pours his pain out into his shirt for the second time that day. 

    "You realise that Jungkook likes you back, right?" Jin says while running his fingers through Jimin's black, slightly tousled hair.

    Jimin shakes his head against Jin's chest before pulling away slightly, Jin brushing his hair out of his face.

    "I doubt that... he was drunk. And even if he does, it doesn't matter. We can never be together without hurting Hoseok, and I don't want that... he's my brother, I will always love him more." Jimin sniffles.