"The Opportunity" Chapter Sixteen

* Me constantly praying that I didn't make any spelling or grammar errors.

Enjoy!
—————————

My day hasn't even started yet and I already feel like crap. My body felt paralyzed, and I had the worst case of sleep insomnia. I was nauseous yet extremely hungry. It felt like I'd  explode.

"Maybe I just... need to e- eat-!" I quickly sprung up from the bed and dashed to the bathroom, leaning over the toilet to let out a load of spew.

I choked on vomit and coughed out the rest. When I thought it was over I threw up another messy load.

What is wrong with me? Ugh everything aches!

My eyes became red and watery as I continued to regurgitate.

"Y/N are you awake yet? If you refuse to get up again, I'll drag your-... what's wrong with you now?"

I didn't even notice chronostasis come in. I tried to murmur a "leave me alone", but it ended up sounding like gibberish. I kept my head towards the toilet for a moment, then I sat down on the tiled floor.

Cronostasis acted fast to grab a nearby hand towel. He leaned down, wiping over my mouth to remove the leftover spew.

"You look a mess." He comments.

I would have shot back a smart remark but I couldn't function the words for it. He was probably telling the truth though. I did feel a mess.

I secretly appreciated him for helping. I wouldn't admit it out loud.

He threw the towel aside and leaned over the tub to start bath water.

"I don't... want to bath."

"It's not an option with the way you look."

"I'm really hungry. I just want to eat now."

He ignored me and continued running water.
It was a bit of a struggle bathing myself because my shoulders ached, but I managed and quickly got finished. There were clothes already set and prepared lying on my bed.

A grey cardigan with black sweat pants and a white T.

 Apparently I have a strict uniform

No jeans,
no designer shirts,
no short dresses or etc.
Only plain attire, like cotton and felt fabrics. Overhaul didn't like me wearing trendy clothes like that because they where, according to him; for whores. 

He wanted the mother of his child to fit his weird ideal.

Even though it's ridiculous, I didn't really care. Clothes are the least of my problems right now.

I started to feel a bit better enough. I was well and eager for breakfast.

I couldn't help but find it weird that chronostasis kept looking at me as if he had something to say. He never had a problem with telling me what's on his mind so why is he hesitant now?

I entered the dining room and sat down to my food eagerly ready to eat. As usual, Eri was already seated.

Today was eggs over rice, grilled salmon, broiled veggies, miso soup and Tamagoyaki with tea.

Before chronostasis even left I began to eat like it was my last meal. For some reason the food tasted different in a better way. And it's been a very long time since I've been this hungry, but that didn't matter now. Food was delicious.

I looked up at Eri and noticed she was staring at something behind me. When I looked back to see, chronostasis was still there... staring at me.

"I'm hungry, okay?" I said with a mouth full of rice.

"No not th- that. It's nothing." He stated then finally left.

I thought he was silently judging me for my eating habits but it must have been something else.

I knew I probably shouldn't be stuffing my face like this, because The nausea could possibly come back.

———————

In the living room where Eri and I normally spent our time, she was busy coloring, I was a nervous wreck. Overhaul would come for me again, and we'd repeat what we always did.

Even though I haven't been whole lately I'm still trying to figure out how to escape. I've thought of some ideas but they became harder to actually accomplish, since I'm taking Eri too. I have to find out a way that gets us both out of here safe.

Just then someone came in the room. I looked towards the door, expecting to see chrono, but instead it was a different guy.

"C'mon kid. Time to go. Boss is waiting for you." He said to Eri. This guy was definitely not Chronostasis. I've never really seen him before. He was big, bulky and scary so Eri was hesitating to move. He was even intimidating to me, so of course I didn't move either.

I held on to Eri's hand, a signal that I didn't want her to go.
"Where is chronostasi? He's usually the one to receive us." I stated.

This guy had the lowest patient's tolerance I've ever seen because he stomped his foot hard on the floor, Causing Eri and I flinch.

"Listen, I'm just here to do my damn job. I know you cut shit with every one else but not fucking me! So let's go or I'll haul your ass myself!" He boomed in his deep demanding voice.

Of course we didn't budge, too afraid to do anything. This guys patients was out the window making him storm towards us.

I acted fast too protectively guard myself in front of Eri, only to be violently pushed against the ground.

Eri screamed as I thudded to the floor.
"Don't touch her!" I cried out.

I hurriedly tried to spring back to my feet, but I was halted by a blinding flash of light.

I was deeply confused. Where did that light come from? When I looked up to where Eri sat on the floor, the guy was... gone!

But strange enough his clothes lay sprawled over the ground.

Everything was happening so fast my mind couldn't keep up. Where did he go? What was that light?

"Oh- oh no! I- I- I did it again! No!" Eri cried out. she was completely terrified, shaking like crazy and crying while she spoke. What did she do?
I quickly crawled to where she was and wrapped my arms around her comfortingly. She wouldn't calm down and continued to sob.

"Hey hey! It's alright Eri! It's okay! Look at me! Shh... everything is okay. Your fine. I'm fine! I've got you."

"D- don't come near me or you'll disappear too!"

Putting two and two together, I suddenly realized what she meant.

"Eri... did you make him disappear? With your quirk?"

She froze, not being responsive for a second but slowly answered with a nod.

Oh my god.

Of course I was shocked, but I wasn't scared to be near her. If I suddenly disappeared then so be it. I just need to be here for her.

Then again I saw this as an opportunity! No guard meant no Surveillance! We could use this moment to escape.

I gently stroked Eri's hair and looked at her eye level.
"Eri if we're going to escape we have to do it now. Is there any possibility you know somewhere we can get out from here without being caught?"
I felt bad for asking her this while she was having a breakdown, but we needed to act fast. Thankfully she responded with another nod, and before I even had to ask, she led the way.