"The Encounter" Chapter Twenty Seven

I was currently snipping out weeds in the strawberry bed of my garden. I decided to actually give gardening a chance for once.

I never really did gardening the first time I received it, I used this as opportunity to escape, but with guards around it was quite impossible. This one time I was so desperate, I started attempting to dig my way out though the dirt under the wall but I was caught and dragged back inside. When I came back the next day, the whole was refilled.

So now I have no choice but to use this open grassy space properly. Eventually I've found a liking to it. I loved tending to the flowers and planting fruits and vegetables. So far I have strawberries, tomatoes, squash, watermelon and bell peppers. Eri mostly takes care of the flowers blooming on the other side of the garden. Gardening food requires a lot more attention. I'm currently tending to my strawberry patch.

While doing so I remember what Chronostasis had told me yesterday. He filled me in on information about Merai.

Yesterday at dinner...

"So, tell me everything about this girl. Who's she, why is she here and how is she betrothed to Overhual?"

Chrono didn't have to tell me. He could have just ignored my questions but I guess he knows I'd never stop asking until he fessed up. Chronostasis sighed, deciding it wouldn't hurt to give me a bit of info.

"That girl is Murai Yang. Daughter of our yakuza alliance dealer, Mr. Yang. Originally she was in Korea with her mother, but I assume she's back for a visit with her father now. One day she came here along with Mr. Yang on a meeting. She then met Overhual. One thing lead to another and she just fell head over heals for the him."

I twirled my spoon in my hand, think up more questions.

"Are they really getting married?"

"Not officially. After Merai state's she wanted to marry the boss, Mr. Yang thought it was a great idea and he was all for it, but in truth she just made that up on her own as a way to try to claim the boss. Overhual never actually agreed to have her hand in marriage."

I breathed out a sigh. A heavy burden lifted off my shoulders fallowed by a wave of relief. I don't know what this feeling came from but it was refreshing.

Chronostasis continued.
"Truthfully I don't think she actually has a romantic interest in the boss. She only acted this way when she discovered the boss has money."

Oh. So that's how it is. She's just after his wallet after all. Well I should have expected that from a wealthy daddy's girl. "What does Overhual think of Murai?" I ask.

"He hasn't talked enough about her for me to know but he always tries his best to send her back home, so I assume... annoyed?"

Isn't Overhual annoyed by everyone?

"What do you think of her then?"

"Oh I absolutely loathe that girl. If it weren't for the alliance we have with her father, I'd kick her out in a heart beat." He didn't even pause to give his answer a thought. I raised in eyebrow at how blunt he was about it. "She that bad?"

"Oh you haven't seen her yet. She comes here and acts as if she owns the place, telling everyone what to do and shit. Of course most of us have to do what she wants or else she'll threaten to tell her old man that we 'mistreat her'."

"Why doesn't overhaul do something about her?"

"He just locks himself in the lab and lets us deal with her. A real fucking pain I tell you."