"The Jealousy" Chapter Twenty Eight

Stupid awful Merai

BANG

stupid awful Bitch

BANG

Stupid awful snake!

BANG

Everything was either stupid, awful or both and it bothered the shit outa me.

I paused to take time and reload my gun. "Do we have any female silhouette targets by any chance?" I asked Chronostasis, who was sitting afar to the right, watching while I demolished my shooting rang targets with litters of bullets. I was imagining shooting that snake Merai to boost my practice.

It helped. A lot.

"Doubt it." He simply answered, scanning my impressive target shots. Chronostasis wouldn't admit it out loud but he admired my skill for fire arms and how I used them passionately, It actually scares him a bit. "You seem more worked up then usual. Something eating at ya?"

I scoffed, aiming at the poster afar. "You wanna play therapist now?"

BANG

"Just asking. Your really going at em." He declares rubbing the back of his neck with a sigh. I decided to take a break, sliding off my headphones from around my head and taking a seat in front of him to rest my tired numb legs. I was standing up too long. My growing belly really put some weight on me. "Every thing is so confusing." I huffed.

"What are you confused about?"

"Well... This whole engagement thing. See, if she's gonna marry Overhual and become his wife then what will I even be? That's gonna be the most awkward relationship ever. And what's crazier is that they don't care! They're acting as if this is normal when it's completely bizarre!"

"You out of all people should know the boss does any means necessary to do what needs to be done." Chronostasis replies. He has a point. After abducting me just to impregnate me for an heir, there's nothing else he could do to surprise me anymore. "But would he really spend the rest of his life with Merai? I mean... she doesn't seem like his type."

Chronostasis tilted his head. "Oh, so you're simply jealous."

"Waah? Nooo... it's just," I leaned back in my chair to rub circles over my round belly. "Well marriage doesn't seem like something Overhual would care about."

Overhual being with another woman doesn't concerns me. I don't care! It's just that... it's not right that... I was by his side for a long time then... does he even like her? UGH I'm so confused!

"Knowing the boss, he'd marry Merai solemnly for the reason to gain advantage and a permanent alliance with Mr. Yang. His rank in power would be beneficial." Chronostasis explained.

Well it only made more sense but it didn't help calm the waves of sadness I'd feel.

Overhaul would never marry someone just because he loved them. He can't even feel love. If marriage didn't benefit Overhual in the least, he'd completely repel against the idea.

No matter how much I wanted to stop thinking of the situation, the stress kept coming and staying.

I didn't want to talk anymore so I stood from my chair and positioned back in between the booth, picking up my earmuffs and reloading the gun back into use.

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be worried about but the only thing that kept me from falling back into a pit of dispare was shooting bullets at posters and targets like crazy. Pulling the trigger and hearing the sound of violent gun shots where satisfying.