"The News" Chapter Eighteen"

Instead of being put back to my caging room, I was sent to follow Chronostasis to the basement area. As we went further down the stairs it got darker. The ara here felt gloomy. I didn't want to be here.

Chronostasis stopped at the end of the hall in front of a door. He pulled out a ring of keys and looked for the right one.

"W- where are we? I want to go back to my room." I stammered.

My speech was shaky and my body was violently shivering. I was still trying to compose myself from what happened earlier, but I couldn't help it. My nerves where shot.

"Well you should have thought about that before, huh? You did break some precious material he's been working on for months now. Of course he's mad, and your serving punishment for it." He responded while continuing to unlock and open the door.

Those bullet thingies? I didn't break em on purpose.

He tugged on my arm, pulling me inside. I resisted by trying to avert back but his grip was strong and he easily managed to get me into the room.

It was dark. Darker then the hallway we came from. I could just barely make out the objects inside the room.

I was going to ask Chronostasis why I was brought here but he was already starting to leave!

I quickly grabbed the door handle to keep him from closing me in.

"Don't leave me here! I'm scared!"

"Hey. Quiet"

"Please!"

I grabbed onto his arm to prevent him from shutting the door. My arms shook but I held a firm grip.

He could have pushed me back in the room easily, but he didn't. Instead taking a deep breath, sighing, and gently letting go of the door handle.

He was looking towards me. No obvious notion. Just kept staring. I then decided to speak up.

"Um, Thank you, for taking up for me earlier, but I don't understand what exactly did I break to make him so angry."

"Overhual is a dealer in the black market. He sells very expensive and valuable products that take very long to make. He got mad because you broke them."

Well I obviously didn't do it on purpose. Were they that important to where Overhual would literally man handle me? He only stopped because Chronostasis said I was pregnant. It was a lie though. At least I don't think I am.

"Oh... but Why did you tell him I was... y'know... with child?"

Chronostasis tilted his head to the side. I must have said something that confused him.
"I said it because it was the truth. And It'd be a real pain to try and find a replacement for you. I had to act fast or else a lot of regrettable damages would be done."

"But I'm not."

"Not what?"

"Pregnant. I'm not pregnant."

Chrono looked wordlessly in my direction. Did I say something dumb again?

"Your joking. Please tell me you are. There is no way you haven't noticed it your self. I'm a guy, and even I knew it before you did!"

"And I'm telling you I'm not! How would you know? You Can't just assume things like that!" I lashed back.

"Well the Symptoms are there. Your morning sickness, your crazy eating habits, your weird sleeping schedule. It's just common sense.

I huffed out of annoyance.
"You don't know that. Those symptoms mean nothing. Maybe my period is almost here."

Chrono shook his head.
"Why did he have choose such a stubborn woman."

He then pointed towards my belly.

"So tell me... why is your hand over your stomach like that."

I looked down to the sudden realization. Not even I noticed I was doing that. It just felt right. Like an instinct. I moved my hand away from my abdomen.

"Look," Chronostasis sighed. "Your going to stay here until Someone comes for you. When it's time I'll have a pregnancy test prepared for you then we'll know for sure."

I was ready to argue with him again but decided not to. This conversation was getting me nowhere and I was becoming too tired to fight so instead I nodded.

Overhaul and I did it so many times, it's not impossible. Even if I am pregnant, Like hell I'd let my child grow up here. This just gives me more motivation and courage to plot my escape. I can't give up now.

I was scared to be pregnant. I didn't want this life for my baby. If I'm gonna be a mother I'm gonna give my child the best life they could have. They don't deserve this future Overhual has set up for them.