"The Pops" Chapter Ninteen"

I didn't see the point in bringing me to a different room. The only difference is that it's darker. I could barley make out anything in here.

But I decided to sit and wait it out. Hopefully it wouldn't take long.

Chronostasis accused me of being pregnant. It Caught me off guard so I instantly denied it but he claims it's true.

I don't feel any different to where I'd notice. I guess I do have some symptoms.

Once again my hand rested over my abdomen. It felt like an instinct I had to do. It happens without me even noticing. I got a sense of consolation from this so I kept my hand there.

My body jumped at the sudden jiggle of the door knob. Is Chronostasis back already?

That was quick. Not that I'm complaining.

I stood up, ready to finally leave, but I was taken aback once I realized.
That wasn't Chronostasis.

"Is anyone in here? Kai is that you?"

The new voice called out into the darkness of the room. They sounded gruff, of an elder man. The mere light from in the hallway shown his tall height.

My instinct reaction was to stay quiet and be as invisible as possible. I don't know who this man was and if he was a threat. I wasn't going to take any chances though.

"Is someone here? Where's that damn light?..." He mumbled.

I continued to stay quiet and still, steadily backing away.

An un expected light replaced the darkness in the room, a nearby lamp had been turned on. My heart lurched. I could feel my chest beat rapidly in panic.

I was too scared to open my eyes. The placement of my hand over my stomach tightened in security, while my other balled in a fist.

"Ah, so there is someone here! You scared me dear, I thought I was hearing things. I thought my age was catching up to me, Hahaha!"

His tone was playful, not intimidating at all, which made me ease up. I opened my eyes to see it was indeed an elderly man. He had gray slicked back hair and wrinkles that lined his face. He whore a blue traditional style yukata, cane in hand.

Oddly he looked like a normal, person

Oddly he looked like a normal, person. Which is not something I saw every day in this house. No mask, weird clothes or menacing Ora. Just a plain old guy.

"Something wrong dear? Why are you down here alone in the dark like this?"

I sighed, beginning to try my best to explain but of course my words stumbled over each other.

"He put me- I mean Overhual- I mean Kai- I didn't know a lamp, uhm..."

"Now calm down. Don't give yourself a stroke, hehe. Oh! How rude of me not to introduce myself."

He lowered his head into a bow.

"I am Hironori Chisaki. Leader of this household Chisaki clan."

The leader. I thought Overhual was was in charge though. At least that's what he claimed.

This man was not only normal, but formal. It's been a long time since I've met someone who's wasn't a barbarian. Although he was different, I still couldn't let my guard down. I couldn't trust just anyone.

I hesitated to say but the best I could do is introduce myself, to show I appreciate his kindness.

"My- my name is Y/N L/N sir! P- please to meet you!" I blurted, while properly bowing in a low position. Keeping it simple. Keeping it steady.

He cracks a smile so he seems pleased. That's a good sign I assume.

He uses his cane to maneuver over towards the nearby couch chair to sit.

"Well a pleasure it is Y/N. My room is across, two doors down and I heard talking. I thought Kai was coming to pay me a visit but I guess not. What are you doing down here alone? Especially in this dark place."

Telling him the entire story about how I got here would be like re living it, and that's far from what I wanted. I was visibly composed, but still traumatized.

Keep it simple. Keep it steady.

"Kai umm... told me to stay down here. Chronostasis lead me. The room was dark when I got here so I didn't know a lamp was in here. Sorry if I disturbed you."

The mans smiled immediately replaced with a frown.

"The door was locked... had he locked you away in here?!" He ask, his facial expression now of a visible anger.

I frantically nodded. I did not want to piss this guy off any more then he already is.

Even though he was angry the aura this man gave off wasn't the least bit intimidating, threatening or violent. Something about him told my conscience he was good.

"Well If you don't mind I'd love some company. It's been a long time since I've had an actual conversation. Let alone been in someone's presence."

I hesitated. He must have caught that, which made him chuckle.

"I'm mean no harm to you dear. You look very young. Very scared. I completely understand if You don't exactly trust me. I wanted to keep you company so you don't have to be cooped up in this gloomy room for so long. I'll wait with you until Kai comes back."

I looked behind me to another sofa. In all honesty, I didn't want to be left alone. Especially right now. Having good company could be just what I need.

"Only if you don't mind sir."

——————

Happy birthday Deku and Mirio! 🥳✨✨🎁🍰