28: Acting

I gape my mouth open as a figure gets down to the floor and punches Sukchin in his jaw. And another time. And another.

"Jungkook...." I say stunned at the scene I'm witnessing. I can see nothing but cold fury in Jungkook's eyes that were sparkling not long ago. "How dare you think about touching her against her own will!!" Jungkook yelled angrily which I've never heard before. I'm seeing so many new sides of him today.

Jungkook turns his gaze and lands it on me and the burning anger turns to worry as his eyes meet mine. But that was a wrong move as Sukchin took that distraction to raise his hand and hit Jungkook's arm away from him. Jungkook groans and Sukchin kicks Jungkook in the thigh. I gasp seeing Jungkook being pushed backwards by the extremely hard impact and clutch his left thigh in pain. I'm about to rush to him when Sukchin stands up and comes in front of me. "Who exactly are you?" He asks me. I turn my attention to him. "I-I don't understand what your saying" I say innocently. Jungkook doesn't know who I am. I have to act innocent!

"You know what I'm saying!" Sukchin shouts, irritated and reaches out to grab my shoulder.

But then he is hit in the leg making him stumble back. "Don't even lay a finger on her!" Jungkook yells even louder the fire returning in his eyes.

Then I spot my gun. It's right behind Jungkook. Without delaying any further I drive towards it and clutch it in my hand. I know it's empty but I'll just try again. Maybe it was being faulty....?

I turn back to see Sukchin advancing onto Jungkook and probably to fight him back but I stand up and raise the gun to his forehead and try shoot again.

BANG!

Wait......WHAT?!

I gasp and in shock once again as Sukchin falls to the ground with blood gushing out of his head. But-But...HE SAID IT WAS EMTPY?! I lower my hand with my mouth still hanging open. I did it. Oh my gosh I succeeded! Unknowingly I break a tiny smile seeing the dead body on the floor.

"What the hell..." I hear a male voice speak and his eyes looks at me. Fuck. Shit shit SHIT! Jungkook saw that!!!! NO! Now he's going to think I'm a killer!

Before I can start explaining, Jungkook suddenly grabs my arm. "We gotta get out of here" He whispers. Jungkook swings his arm around me as he holds me tight against him as if trying to protect me while leading me towards an exit. Jungkook doesn't go to the room door but he leads me into the walk in wardrobe. I don't even have time to ask myself what's happened because Jungkook is moving so fast!

We walk in and I see an exit. A door on the right wall. I don't get to think of what the hell is that doing there before Jungkook leads me in the door and shuts it behind. What.....? How does he know this?

As we walk quickly down the narrow, spiral flight of stairs, I realise I still have the gun in my hand. And Jungkook sees it too. "Keep holding it" He says as we continue walking, his arm still around me. I'm confused why he would say that. But right now we are moving so fast there's no time to talk.

We make it down many flights of the stairs until I can hear noises of people at the party. The stairs continue down further but there's a door now in front of us. And something sparkly on the floor. I realise it's my clutch. Jungkook picks it and hands it to me. "I left it here so I knew which door I entered." He says. "Hide the gun in it. You can't leave it here or people will find it."

I'm surprised at what he's saying nevertheless I do it. Once the gun is inside, Jungkook says "Ok so we are on the floor of the hall room but we are not in the hall room. There's this door that leads out of the room and into a smaller corridor where it leads to the bathroom and the garden. This hidden escape door is in that corridor.  We are going to go out, rejoin the party and casually leave. Got it?"