Wow...

"Wake up" I say placing a trail of kisses on Thomas's face.

He peaks one eye open with a smile. And grabs me by the waist to sandwich me in with his body.

"Not yet"
"Yes! Let's shower, you're mom and I have things planned for you."

His eyes shot awake at the sound of that.

"What...plans?"
"Birthday surprise,and no it's not sex"

He lets out a gut wrenching laugh.

"Okay, seriously lets get up."

We make our way to the shower and wash our bodies then brush our teeth. I do my usual hygiene routine and Thomas does his. This man doesn't wear lotion...but I guess it doesn't matter because you can't see his ash.

I continue to get ready well after him. He continues to wait for me responding to work emails, and calls. On his birthday 🙄.

Finally I'm finished getting ready and walk out the bathroom. I didn't want to do too much but I still wanted to feel cute and put together.

"Finally, I thought my birthday would pass

"Finally, I thought my birthday would pass." Thomas says hearing the door open but still not looking up from his laptop.

"Boy don't do that, it takes time to look this fine." I say flipping my braids.

Finally he looks up at me and he drops his jaw...him and his dramatics.

"You look...delicious." He says licking his lips while moving towards me.

"No you do," I'd be lying if I say he didn't. He'd let his beard fully grow out and his hair get a bit longer. He was dressed in all black with baggy black straight leg jeans with rips at the knees. All white Stan smiths. And a black and white horizontal stripe button down shirt. With the first two buttons undone - showcasing the small amount of chest hair he has.

I soak him all the way in. From his poise, to his dominance. I think I began to salivate.

"Are you ready? Or were you just going to continue to stare at me." He says breaking me from my trance.

"Actually I want to give you one of your gifts." I say going over under the bed to grab the small velvet box   As I bend down to get the box Thomas does the infamous whistle sound.

"You're so corny" I say standing back to my feet

"Okay, close you eyes." He opens his mouth to say something
"Don't argue just do it!"
"Yeah, okay Nike." He says closing his eyes.

He does and I place the box in his hand.

"Okay open them! Eek I'm so excited." He opens his eyes and looks at the Cuban Link chain necklace.

"Wow, I bought you a gold necklace and you've bought me one...I guess we're tied in." He says pulling me in by my waist to his chest.

"I guess so. Let me put it on you." He turns around for me and I put the necklace on around his neck and linger on his scent.