Chapter 1

Zhao Xiaotang was a stone cold woman. It doesn't take a team of scientists and a decade of research to figure this out.

Everyone who've met this woman, including CEOs from prestigious companies, was intimidated by Zhao Xiaotang's stoic face. It was a once in a blue moon opportunity to see her smile. Her poker face game was so strong that it roused rumors that the young CEO accidentally paralyzed her face during a failed Botox injection.

(I know, baobei

(I know, baobei. I know)

Zhao Xiaotang was too busy to care about the whispers of yibber-yabber in her company. She is the CEO of Zhao Cooperations, a dominant figure in China's business world. Her father entrusted his dreams to her. It's her job as his daughter to keep the business thriving. Zhao Xiaotang is indeed a devil wearing Prada, running a race against time for money. She had no time for partying. (Actually, she does. But her standards of "partying" - if you could call it that - mostly involve going to cafés, strictly to catch up with her very few best friends or to enjoy a good book.)

Perhaps this is one of the many reasons why she regretted promising Kiki Xu Jiaqi that she would attend XJQ Media's fifth anniversary dinner party.

It was nine o'clock at night and the party had barely begun. Prestigious CEOs and representatives have all gathered in the grand ballroom of the Qingchun Hotel. Zhao Xiaotang chatted away with her old friend Kiki Xu Jiaqi, the very woman who invited her to the party.

 Zhao Xiaotang chatted away with her old friend Kiki Xu Jiaqi, the very woman who invited her to the party

"You've become quite thin," Kiki expressed her concerns. "I am worried. Have you been eating well or should I force Yu Yan to cook you a healthy meal?"

"I'm okay the way I am," Zhao Xiaotang shrugged it off.

"I heard from your mother that you don't even go back to your apartment, much less visit her."

"Aish, that old woman. It's not like I don't visit her. I go back home on Mother's Day. Besides, I'm perfectly fine living alone. I can take care of myself."

"Look, Xiaotang. I hate to break it to you, but you can barely take care of yourself. Look how much weight you've lost!" Kiki gestured up and down. "You better find yourself a special someone to take care of you, man."