Chapter 12

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Very strong language, particularly the usage of homophobic slurs.

---------------------------------------------------

It was a very tranquil Sunday morning. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Zhao Xiaotang was making herself a cup of tea. After two rigorous weeks of catching up on all the work she missed and doing even more work at the office, Xiaotang finally got the rest she deserved. Shuxin had been accompanying her all this time, helping her relieve stress after work.

 Shuxin had been accompanying her all this time, helping her relieve stress after work

(Not in that way, y'all. Don't even think about that. Our Tangtang is a gentlewoman who respects women. If Xinxin says no, it's a no.)

Xiaotang brought the sleeves of the sweater she was wearing to her nose and took a long sniff. Shuxin's scent was on it and it intoxicated her. She realized that she had become very attached to the girl within these couple of weeks. Also, it's only been fifteen minutes since Shuxin left the house to attend an important meeting that her entertainment company called for her to attend, but Xiaotang's already missing her.

Ring! Ring!

Xiaotang rushed over to where her phone was and saw that her mother was calling.

"Hello, mom! What's u-"

"Zhao Xiaotang!"

Xiaotang flinched as the loud screech entered her ears and accidentally knocked over her cup of tea.

"Yes, mom?"

"Ungrateful child! You never have time to visit your mother or your father who's in a coma, but you have time to go out on dates with an actress?!"

"Who told you that? Xu Jiaqi?"

"Don't pull that innocent girl into this. At least she visits her mom everyday!"

Innocent, my ass.

"Yes, mom. I know. I am sorry I did not come to see you sooner. I should have. Your child has been ungrateful and selfish. I'm very, very sorry."

The sincere apology made Mrs. Zhao feel a little better about the situation. The truth is, she wasn't that mad about Xiaotang not being able to come see her as often. Her daughter was running one of the biggest companies in China. Of course she would be busy. But Mrs. Zhao felt kind of hurt that her daughter hadn't told her about the recent developments of her new relationship.

"Mom, how did you find out that I was dating?"

"Look at the news online."

Xiaotang immediately grabbed her laptop and started surfing. Holy cow! All the headlines trending were about her and Shuxin!!!

 Holy cow! All the headlines trending were about her and Shuxin!!!