Chapter 11

Zhao Xiaotang was stressed.

She had taken too many days off this week, partially because she had to take care of a sick Shuxin and partially because she, herself, was also sick. So it's not a surprise that she had plenty of things to do once she got back to the office.

Throughout this whole week, Xiaotang had been attending meetings that she shoudl have attended if she were not sick. Every meeting, various charts, tables, and graphs were thrown into her face. She had to endure the same old faces the same old room, talking about the same old ideas that made no improvements or deterioration.

(Dying on the inside

(Dying on the inside...)

Currently, she was sitting in a meeting, unamused, as two old members of the board fought over fabrics just because.

"I have told you a hundred times!" the man on her left was red. "If we buy the fabric from this dealer, we would be able to cut monthly costs by a half!"

"Do you realize that by doing this, the quality of our clothes will decrease as well?!" the man from her right slammed his fists on the table. "The fashion department takes high pride in well the clothes are made. How dare you suggest such thing?!"

"Gentlemen, gentlemen," Xiaotang said, exasperated. "Please. Stop your arguing. We are all tired here. Let's end this debate right now and call it a day. We can continue where we left off another time."

Murmurs of agreement came from the rest of the rest of the tired directors in the boardroom. The two men leaned back in their seat.

"Well, I suppose we can call it a day, CEO Zhao," the man on Xiaotang's left agreed.

"Good. Meeting adjourned."

With a clatter of chairs, everyone got up, stretched, and walked out of the boardroom. Duan Xiaowei began gathering the papers they left. Xiaotang rubbed her face, tired, as she got up.

"Let's go, Xiaowei," she told her assistant who was still cleaning up the papers. "We can tell the janitor to put them away."

"It's okay, CEO Zhao!" Xiaowei smiled at her and then pushed her out of the room. "You better go back real soon."

"What? Duan Xiaowei, do you have me so much that you have to kick me out of the boardroom?" Xiaotang joked.

"No, but a certain someone is waiting for you since an hour ago."

"Who?"

"Look over there."

Xiaotang turned around to see Yu Shuxin sitting on the couch in the waiting room outside her office, playing a mobile game. On the coffee table was a boatload of groceries.

"Shuxin?" Xiaotang called out to her girlfriend, bewildered. "What are you doing here?"

"Ah, Xiaotang!" Shuxin exclaimed as she put her phone down and stood up. "You're finally done with your work!"