Chapter 7

"Should we begin?"

The three shadowy figures were none other than Liu Yuxin, Xu Xinwen, and Shangguan Xiai. Liu Yuxin was sitting in the middle, with Xinwen and Xiai on either side of her.

"I still don't get why I need to be here," Xiai scratched her head in confusion as she flipped through the resumes.

"Because we're choosing your new manager," Yuxin smiled. "Of course you get to have a say in this."

"Then why am I here?" Xinwen asked. "I am a PR specialist, not a manager!"

"That's because the manager is sick at home with the flu. And besides, you have plenty of work experience."

"That does not make any sense, but okay."

"Are the dim lights really necessary?" Shangguan Xiai squinted at the single lightbulb lit in the room.

"Yes," Liu Yuxin turned to her. "It makes this interview more intimidating. Besides, we can act like we are interrogating a supervillain like they do in the movies."

Xiai and Xinwen could only facepalm at that.

"Cai Zhouyi! You can bring in the first candidate now," Yuxin called out to her assistant.

(Isn't she precious?)

Zhouyi peeked into the room, smiling her signature smile. She then opened the door with one hand while dragging a very shy-looking girl into the room.

 She then opened the door with one hand while dragging a very shy-looking girl into the room

(What a cutie! uwu)

"Okay, please introduce yourself," Liu Yuxin told her.

"H-hi," the girl barely whispered. "M-My n-name is S-Song X-Xinran from Sssss... Um... Sssss..."

The three leaned in closer, trying to hear what the girl in question was saying.

"Honey, can you please speak louder?" Xinwen asked in her calmest voice possible.

The girl looked up in alarm with big doe eyes. Suddenly, those big eyes began to water. Her lips began to quiver. Liu Yuxin braced herself for what was about to happen next.