Chapter 14

Liu Yuxin was already sitting in the office when Shuxin and Xiaotang came in. Kong Xueer, who was sitting on one of the couches, jumped up and hugged Shuxin as soon as she came in.

"Shuxin! I was so worried," Xueer whispered.

"It's okay now," Shuxin said as she hugged her best friend back. "Xiaotang, Yuxin, and Daimeng rescued me."

Liu Yuxin scanned her best friend, Zhao Xiaotang, who just came into the room. She was holding her heels in one hand and her feet were bleeding. Even though it probably wasn't the best time to crack a joke, Yuxin had a primal urge to do so. She had been sitting on this joke since ninth grade, waiting for a perfect opportunity to use it. And so she let the dam burst.

"So," Yuxin wiggled her eyebrows. "Chasing love literally hurts, huh?"

(It was a lame joke, but let's give her a 'badum-tsk'

(It was a lame joke, but let's give her a 'badum-tsk'.)

"Oh, shut up," Xiaotang grumbled as she sat down. "Do you have any Band-Aids or something?"

"I think I have rubbing alcohol wipes somewhere in my drawers," Yuxin said as she started looking through them. "Xueer, do you have Band-Aids?"

"I do!" Xueer exclaimed and pulled away from the hug.

The singer pounched back to the couch. She rummaged through her purse and came up with two Band-Aids with pandas printed all over them. Shuxin took the two Band-Aids and the rubbing alcohol wipes.

"Sit," she told Xiaotang.

Xiaotang settled on the couch. Shuxin grabbed one bleeding foot and placed it in her lap.

"I can do it myself," Xiaotang retracted her foot from Shuxin's lap.

"Oh, shush, you," Shuxin narrowed her eyes at her girlfriend and grabbed her foot again. "Let me do it."

With that, Shuxin began cleaning the cuts on Xiaotang's foot. The CEO hissed and whimpered like an angry cat.

"Does it hurt that much?" Shuxin asked, worry evident in her eyes.

"N-No," Xiaotang hissed through her teeth. "Not that much."

Shuxin gently wiped away the blood and put the panda Band-Aids on the wounds. She then leaned over and planted a kiss on Xiaotang's cheeks. Suddenly, Xiaotang grabbed the actress and pressed their lips together. Soon, the couple was immersed in a heated tongue battle. Yuxin and Xueer looked away awkwardly, not wanting to interrupt the couple's sweet moment.

 Yuxin and Xueer looked away awkwardly, not wanting to interrupt the couple's sweet moment