Chapter 10

Kiki Xu Jiaqi was fucked.

(Not in that way, you perv. It's fucked as in screwed. Okay, that doesn't sound right either. Doomed. Let's say doomed.)

She had to admit she brought this upon herself. If only she didn't have so many celebrity exes, she won't have to worry about sitting beside one through a whole music show.

What happened? Well, you might want to sit down and get comfy for this one.

So, Kiki had been invited to watch the grand finale of the survival show Youth With You. She was actually pretty excited to attend this show. She had dispatched multiple reporters to previous evaluation performances and also had attended one of them in person. However, she was not notified of her seating plan until the day before the finale.

Turns out, she was going to have to sit beside Liu Lingzi, her most recent ex that she dumped first.

"Can you please change my seat?" she had asked the organizer.

"Sure!" the organizer had agreed. "We'll send you the seating chart and list of vacant seats. You can choose any seat you like."

When the documents came to Kiki, she realized she was doomed. Not only was all of her exes going to attend the show, but also all of the vacant seats were right beside them. Well, all but one.

"This is so awkward!" Kiki ranted to Diamond. "I can't sit beside any of them!"

"Coward," Diamond snickered under her breath.

"I heard that," Kiki shot her a pointed look.

"It's the truth, though," Daimond leaned back. "You dumped them first but you're scared of seeing them again. That makes you a coward. But seriously, all of your exes are going to be there?"

"Yes, all of them! Just look at it yourself!"

With that, Kiki shoved her laptop into Diamond's face. The lawyer adjusted her glasses and read the list out loud.

"Okay, lemme see... Liu Lingzi, Zeng Keni, Xu Yangyuzhou, Zhou Jieqiong... Oh, also Sun Rui! Haven't seen her in a while... Where was I? Zhou Jieqiong, Wu Zhehan, Zhang Yuge... Xie Keyin???" Diamond couldn't believe her eyes. "Xie Keyin as in that rapper girl that you called up at five-thirty in the morning and showed up at her house like a creepy-ass stalker? The one you're sending flowers and chocolates to everyday as an apology?"

"Oh my god, don't even mention it!" Kiki hid her face in her palms. "I like her so much but I made a fool of myself and now I can't even look at her in the eyes!"

"So... You're going to have to sit beside her if you want to avoid all your exes?"

"Exactly!"

"You know, Kiki? If I were you, I'd stick to sitting beside Liu Lingzi."

"Why?"

"Because, she's sexy. Sexier than that little rapper of yours."

With that, Diamond proceeded to do the body curves hand motion. Kiki threw a pillow at her.

"Don't let you wife hear you say that!"

"Don't let me hear her say what?"