Chapter 4

Luke POV

Arlo… you know how this is going to end already. What are you planning?

*Flashback*

As usual, I was just wandering around the school, keeping an eye out for any bullying. I know it still happens, but people are just too afraid of me to bully others when I'm around. It's a start, but nowhere near what I'm going for.

"Hey, Luke." A voice calls from behind me. Turning around, I see none other than Arlo walking up to me. 

What is it now? I think to myself.

"I challenge you for the title of King." He says.

"Then I have no choice but to accept." I respond.

"Meet me in the east courtyard at lunch." He says before walking off. I sigh in exasperation.

Seriously?

*End Flashback*

Arlo POV

This has to work. Without Luke to help him, John won't have any choice except to go along with it.

*Flashback*

I'd spent the past 20 minutes roaming the halls looking for him. Just when I thought about giving up, I finally saw him, nearing a crowd of people.

"Isen!" I call, getting his attention.

"What is it, Arlo?" He questions.

"I need you to do something for me. Mind if we talk in private?" I ask.

"Sure, let's go." He responds. 

After directing him to an empty classroom, I begin explaining my plan.

"I need you to interview John about his past." I say.

"What!?" He responds, louder than I would like.

"Quiet!" I snap. 

"I need you to bring up a sensitive topic for him to talk about, and his past seems like a good place to start. I'm challenging Luke to a battle for king tomorrow, during lunch. Make sure you get your interview then." I instruct.

"... Ok, then." He responds.

"I'll get you your interview." He says.

"Good. One more thing…" I say.

*End Flashback*

You better hold your end of the deal, Isen. I think to myself as I head to the east courtyard, prepared to draw the battle out as long as possible.