Chapter 14

3rd POV

"Have you figured out who this 'X-Rei' person is going after next?" Glace asks. "Yes, sir. The same laptop that viewed Waldo's information the night before he was taken down has just viewed Alana's." A person seated at a computer dutifully responds. "Excellent. We'll be awaiting her arrival, then." Volcan says, departing with Glace following after.

Luke POV

Remi, Blyke, Isen and myself were convening in Remi's dorm, making a plan to take down Alana. "If this is just like last time we did this, then she'll be more powerful than the report says." She states. "You two will keep lookout from afar, while you stay hidden until we find her." She instructs. "What are we waiting for?" Isen says. "Yeah, let's go!" Agrees Blyke. "Let's get this over with." I say emotionlessly.

Timeskip

"So, this is the place. Neat." I say as we arrive. "Come on, just get changed." Remi urges. "Alright then." I say, taking my black jacket, half mask and pants out of my bag while heading to an alley, where I take the last two items out: a pair of daggers in a double sided sheathe, which I attach to my belt at the back. When me and Remi meet back up, I almost start laughing at how childishly made her outfit is. "Hey, we didn't have much time to make it in, okay?!" Blyke says through the earpiece. "Come on, I had two hours and managed to pull this together, you guys could have made something better." I joke. "What are those for?" Remi asks, obliviously gesturing towards my daggers. "They're to give me an edge in combat. John's the brawler, but not many people I've met can match me in blade fighting." I explain. "Just focus!" Isen says through the earpiece. "Alright then, where is she Hunter?" Remi asks. "Wait, we have codenames?" I ask. "Of course." They all respond. "Did you come up with one for me?" I ask. "Not yet. Got any ideas?" Remi asks. "Hmm… how about Vanguard?" I suggest. "That's basically what I'm acting as anyways. I'm just here for extra protection." I explain. "Yeah, that works." She agrees. "So, what's Blyke's?" I ask. "Goku." Blyke responds through the earpiece, almost making me laugh again. "If you're done chatting, the target's on the move. Take the next left, go two blocks, and turn right." Isen says. After following his directions, we run into Alana, who immediately uproots half the street and throws it at Remi, who then blasts it to pieces with her lightning before charging forward and shocking Alana into unconsciousness. "Well that was anticlimactic." I say. "It would have been if that was the climax. However, the fight has yet to begin." A feminine voice says from the shadows. "Show yourself!" I say, drawing my daggers in reverse grip (so the blade comes out the side without the thumb) as a tall woman and even taller man appear out of seemingly nowhere in the middle of the street. "Let the fight begin." They say, charging towards me and Remi.

Quick Question for you guys.
Should I upload all that I have done right now, or should I keep up with one a day?