Chapter 64

Luke POV

Vaughn had left to go to his designated area to try to break through with the help of his allies, meanwhile we were moving around to be near the area we were supposed to deal with - a place that looked like a back door.

"You ready?" Vaughn asks through the headsets. "Yep." I say, looking over the Royals one more time. "Then let's go!" Vaughn says, followed almost immediately by a massive explosion on the opposite side of the complex. "Blast it!" I yell, strengthening Blyke and Remi to the point where they were able to destroy the wall. "Go!" I yell, running towards the opening.

Once we get inside, we see someone who I'd never thought we would find so quickly. "John?" I say, surprised, running to him. "Get back." Claire calls to me, yanking my arm. "Hey, let go!" I say, trying to pull my arm free. "Look out!" Blyke yells, blocking a punch from John with his arm. We stumble back, all of us now facing John. "John, we're here to help you take these guys out! We need to find the guy in charge." I say, still trying to believe that he's here to guide us.

"Shame you'll never make it past me." He says, backing up across the room before taking a fighting stance, his eyes wild. "It's no use. We have to fight him. Don't use your abilities!" Claire says. We all immediately charge him.

3rd POV

Blyke gets there first, but John simply grabs his arm, swinging him around to block Arlo's strike before throwing him at Isen, making him trip. He ducks Adrion's attack, making him stumble before blocking and countering Remi's punch, sending her back a few steps. Claire, knowing she can't fight to save her life, stays back from the brawl, along with Luke and Sera, who were too stunned to charge forward. "There's no way we can beat him like this. We have to use our abilities!" Blyke says, eyes glowing. "No! Stop!" Claire cries out, unable to prevent the others from powering up as well. 

"Good. Let's make things interesting." John says, golden eyes glowing, black aura flaring.

Keon POV

"You truly are remarkable. It would have been great to have you in the organization when we first dealt with him." I say to the man standing by the door.

"This is nothing. Just sit back and watch the show." He says, eyes glowing blood red, a predator's grin on his lips.