Chapter 34

Luke POV

"Headmaster?" What's he doing here? Doesn't he have his hands full with those two? I ask myself. "Greetings, Luke. I am here to have a very important discussion with you." He says, gesturing to an empty chair.

"What's so important that you had to come out here?" I ask. "It concerns your recent and future events as a superhero." He says. "If you want me to stop, I would suggest talking to Remi. The only reason I'm going is to protect her." I say.

"I plan on speaking with Remi, as well as the other members of your group, but not for the reason you think. That is why I have come to you, and not the other way around." He explains, only making me more confused.

He doesn't want us to stop? Why would that be? "What interest do you have with our activities, sir?" I ask, confused. "I realize that nothing I say will get you to stop. However, I recently thought of a new way to look at your superheroism. You see, I'm working with a group of people who all have the same view on the authorities: that they need to be brought down, along with their system. Many high-ranking people agree with us; far more than you'd think. We simply need some more co-operative members of EMBER, if it's not too much trouble." He says.

"...... I'll do what I can." I respond. "Wonderful! Now, John, there is some news that, I'm afraid, concerns you, and it is important, I think, that you hear it." He says, turning his attention to John.  "What would that be, Headmaster?" He asks respectfully. "There are two new students transferring here next week." He says gravely. Oh dear… it can't be them, can it? I say to myself, concerned for John. "What does that have to do with me?" He asks, clearly not getting the point. "I'm afraid you know these students. Claire and Adrion are their names." He says. "WHAT!!?" John yells, outraged, his aura flaring dark and menacing.