Chapter 14

-Luke's P.O.V-

We all move a little closer to the register to make sure I can help a customer if I am needed to.

"Ages?" Michael suggest.

We all nod and Ash says, "I'm 19."

"I'm 18" Cal says.

"I'm also 18." That's Mikey.

"I'm 17." I say.

"Favourite instrument to play?" Calum asks.

Mikey smiles brightly and says, "I love playing electric guitars, I have a new one called The Gibson Melody Maker, it's so cool."

"We have some over there." I point out to one of the sides full of them.

Michael follows my finger and his eyes light up at the sight of them, "So cool." I hear him breath out.

I smile at that, finding it amusing.

"I love the drums." Ash says, beaming from ear to ear as he looks at me.

"I like playing electric guitar, and sometimes acoustic." I say, glancing at the guitar I was just using.

"Bass guitar all the way, but like Luke I can play acoustic, but I prefer bass." Calum explains.

I look around the shop, seeing a few customers walking about and looking at the instruments. Some young with family, some teens and on their own, some adults together. Yet they all have something in common. They all have a smile on their faces.

"Families?" Ash asks, snapping me from my depressing state of mind.

"I have no siblings, but I have my parents." Michael says now back in the conversation after looking at the guitars for a while.

"I have my mum and dad, and my older sister Mali-Koa." Cal says.

"I just have my mum, and my little sister Lauren and little brother Harry. My dad left when I was young." Ash says, his voice sad at the end of his sentence.

Everyone looks to me, except Calum who looks at me in slight pity.

"Luke?" Michael asks, looking a little concerned like the others.

I clear my throat and say, "Um yeah sorry. I have my parents and my older brothers Jack and Ben, but they moved out and I barely see my parents anymore."

"Can I ask why you don't see them?" Ash asks, looking at me with worry and sadness.

"I'm not sure honestly, when my brothers left they just sorta forgot about me. But it's okay, I'm used to it now." I whisper, trying to push back the unwanted tears and thoughts that were trying to rise.

Before I can say anything, I am engulfed in a hug. I wince slightly at the pain that shoots through my arm from the cuts and am about to pull away until I notice it's Ashton. I hug him back, burying my head into his chest, feeling safe in his arms. I feel two more pair of arms wrap around us and know it's Mikey and Cal. I smile a little to myself, feeling happy that I met them all.

After a little we all pull away.

"I'm so sorry Lukey, you deserve so much better." Ash says, Michael nodding along with Cal.

I shrug, knowing I actually don't but I don't voice that thought.

"it's okay." I say lightly.

"LAST NAMES." Mikey shouts.

He blushes a little and says, "Sorry, that was a bad time, but I just realised we don't know last names."

We all nod, smiles on our faces at what he did. Honestly, it made me feel better, having to not concentrate on all the bad in my life and sharing it.

"Well, I'm Calum Thomas Hood. I'm saying my middle name because why not." He says with a shrug, making us all smile.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin."

"Michael Gordon Clifford."

"Luke Robert Hemmings." We all introduce.

"Aww guys I feel like we really know each other now, maybe tomorrow we can jam together and see if we all work as a band." Michael suggests.

Both Cal and I nod in agreement with Ash also agreeing.

-

For the rest of the time, I serve some customers and we all get to know each other a little better. We all exchanged numbers to stay in contact with each other and to sort out tomorrow. I really like them both and being with Ashton makes me smile so much and forget about all the pain I feel. I think I'm going to have to talk to Cal about all this, it's confusing honestly.

-Ash's P.O.V-

I really do like Luke, but I don't know if he likes me the same way. I'm also worried about him, he seemed so upset about what had happened this morning, and with his family and everything. I just really hope he is okay; I really care about him.