Chapter 39

-Luke's P.O.V-

It's now Wednesday, the day of practice for Saturday.

I'm proud to say that I have been clean since Calum found out. Don't get me wrong though, it's been hard. Sometimes I would just end up laying on the floor and crying my eyes out, wanting nothing more than to cut away at my hatred. But I didn't allow myself to.

I was currently sat with Calum, playing our guitars and singing the song while we wait for Ash and Mikey to arrive. I cannot wait to have Ash here so I can have an Ashy bear hug.

A knock on the door is heard and I look to Calum excitedly who laughs and nods.

I jump up and run to the door before flinging it open, revealing Michael and my boyfriend.

Mikey smiles at me and says hello, which I reply to, then he walks by to go to Calum.

"Ashy." I cheer, practically throwing myself into his arms.

He wraps him arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. I look up to him with a smile and he kisses me softly, making me feel all warm on the inside.

"Hey Penguin." He whisper once we pulled back.

I lean my head against his chest and let the heat radiate into me, making me feel warm and safe in his arms.

"Come on, let's go in." He says, grabbing my hand and leading me into Calum's house.

I take the lead and take him back to the music room Cal and I were just resided in. When we walk in, we see Mikey and Cal next to each other and talking softly.

"Hey Ash." Calum greets when he sees us.

"Hi Cal." Ashton replies while sitting down and dragging me down to sit with him.

"How are you Lukey?" Ash asks, and I can see Calum glance at me when he hears what Ash says. I also see Ash look at Cal quickly, which makes me frown slightly.

I think for a moment and say, "I'm fine. Kind of excited for the performance, but anxious."

"I can't wait to learn amnesia." Michael says looking at me with a smile.

I smile feeling a little anxious about that, "I shocked myself when I said that honestly, I didn't really think I would want anyone to know about it."

"Well we're all proud of you." Calum says with a huge smile.

I smile at him and Ash says from beside me, "what other song should we do?"

"Well, I was thinking we could do teenage dirtbag?" Michael suggests.

"Oh I like that one." I say, having learnt how to play that song nearly as soon as I learnt how to play the guitar.

"I guess amnesia and teenage dirtbag are what we will play." Ash says before kissing the side of my head and making me blush slightly but smile at him.

-

Friday rolled around quick, meaning today was the day we would all go to Mikey's house. The past few days have been like others in terms of me struggling to stay clean, which I just about have.

We pulled up to Mikey's and I was about to get out when Calum stops me.

"Lukey, can I see your wrists please." He says, looking at me with slight worry and sadness.

I sigh, having known he would do this but still not liking it. It's not so much him annoying me about it, it's more so that I have to show him all the cuts and scars and I see the sadness in his eyes when he sees them, and it breaks me knowing I hurt him that much.