Chapter 24

-Luke's P.O.V-

I sit silently in Cal's car as we begin the dreaded ride to school.

"You okay Lukey, you seem a little quiet?" Cal asks, looking at me before back to the road.

I fiddle with my sleeves and reply, "I'm fine, just don't like Mondays."

He hums, "Yeah neither do I, but hey, Ash will come by the store later, and I think I'm going to stay as well, and Mikey might come as well." He explains happily.

I smile a little, "You really like him don't you."

Calum blushes but nods, "He just makes me so happy you know. Like of course you do, but you're more like a brother to me ya know."

I nod and say, "It's the same for me but Ash not Mikey. Not like he could ever like me though."

Cal gasps and says, "Lukey, have you seen the way Ash looks at you. When you aren't looking, he looks at you like you're the light of his life, and he is a little lost puppy following you everywhere."

"Really?" I question in disbelief.

Calum smiles brightly and says, "Really Lukey."

A smile slips onto my face as now I wait- rather impatiently- to be able to get to work and see Ash, and Mikey.

"Have you watched the video?" I query.

He shakes his reply, "Not yet, I'm scared to do it honestly."

"Same here." I agree.

"Was everything okay with your parents last night?" Cal asks, making my heart stop.

I shrug and whisper, "Not really. But I don't wanna talk about it."

His smile drops as I say that but he nods replying, "Okay Lukey, but talk to when you're ready okay."

"I will, thanks Cal." I murmur.

-

School had finally ended and I was back in the car beside Cal.

I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out.

Pizza is da best

Mikey- Is it alright if I come with Ash to see you Lukey?

Me- Ya, Cal's coming as well.

Mikey- Yayyyy

Ash- see you two soon.

I chuckle and then put my phone back down.

"Was that the others?" Calum asks.

I nod replying, "Yeah, and Mikey said he'll come. He seemed excited when I said you would be coming as well."

Calum's smile grows ten times bigger at that, "I'm so excited, oh my God what is wrong with me." He exclaims.

I laugh and shake my head saying, "Nothing is wrong with you Cal Pal."

We begin to pull into the store parking lot and he beams a smile "Thanks Lucas." He spouted.

I frown and glare at him, "Don't call me that Calum." I defend, not liking being called that, as my parents would say it, and when they call me that though, there voice is always full of hate towards me.

Cal seems to sense the shift in mood as he parks, "Sorry Lukey." He apologises.

I shrug lightly murmuring, "It's okay."

We both get out the car and walk into the store silently.

"Hey Luke, Hey Calum." Joey, my boss says when we come into view.