Chapter 27

-Ash's P.O.V-

Whenever I hug Luke, I never want to let go of him. There is something about him though, that scares me. Not of him, of course, more so, for him.

I've noticed the worried looks Calum gives him, and how sometimes, when Luke smiles it doesn't quiet reach his eyes. The self- doubt he carries everywhere with him and makes him question whether or not to believe it.

"Mikey." I ask when we stop at his house.

He looks to me, a smile on his face that soon drops when he sees my worried eyes.

"Yeah Ash, what's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

I look into his eyes, and say "Do you think Luke is really okay?"

He lets out a long sigh and looks to me with worry glazing his eyes.

"I'm really not sure Ash. Cal had a breakdown yesterday morning when he woke up about Luke. I don't have the right to say what he said, and even I don't know what's wrong with Luke because Calum said it wasn't his to tell." Michael says looking sad.

I feel my heart momentarily stop at the thought of Luke not being okay.

"Just, from what Cal said. Did it sound like Luke was okay?" I ask urgently.

"Honestly, Ash. No." He says pitifully.

"Shit. We need to talk to Calum." I say, looking at him.

His eyes widen and he shakes his head, "No Ash, I wasn't even meant to tell you. What if Cal gets annoyed at me?"

I sigh and reply, "Mikey please, I want to talk to him about Luke, and he won't be angry."

"Okay, I'll call him later." Mikey mumbles sounding rather reluctant.

I send him a small smile as my mind wanders to the blue-eyed boy I'm falling fast for.

-Michael's P.O.V-

I shouldn't have told Ash. I knew I wasn't meant to but the look in his eyes and how much he cares for Luke just broke me.

The phone rings in my hand as I anxiously wait for Cal to pick up.

"Hey Mikey, what's up? I just got home." He says through the phone.

I swallow thickly and say, "You need to come to mine after school tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah sure. But we'll have to wait until Lukey has finished work though." He chimes, making me feel awful.

"Luke can't come." I whisper to him.

I hear him take a sharp intake of breath. "Michael, I'm not fucking around when I say, if this is because you don't like him, or don't want him there. Then I swear to God, and I mean it, that I will never talk to you, nor Ash again and I will kill you both. " He says, his voice laced with venom.

I would've been angry if someone said that to me, but I knew Calum cared a lot for Luke, and if anything, it made me happy that he cares that much about Luke.

"No Cal calm down. We love Luke, it's just. And please don't be angry, but I told Ash that you were worried about Luke." I rush out.

"Are you serious." He asks in disbelief.

"Calum, Ash was so worried about Luke, I didn't say a lot, just that he isn't okay and you're worried." I blurt.

He sighs and says, "Well why do I have to come."

"Ash is still worried Cal, just talk to him about Lukey." I say.

"Yeah, okay, I'll be there after school." He replies before hanging up.