Chapter 47

-Luke's P.O.V-

The world was silent around me as my shaky hand grips the metal. I pull the sleeve up revealing the cut-up skin that was just about to begin to heal.

Tears slide down my face as I begin to slice across my wrist. One after another.

I feel no guilt. No pain or sadness while doing this. All I feel is, nothing. After multiple cuts on both my wrists I place the blade vertically on my wrist.

I push down as hard as I can and begin to pull it until I hear a bang on the door.

"Lukey, please babe open the door." I hear Ash cry out.

I shake my head, trying to keep going. "N-no. You don't- you don't like me. You want to be with Ca-Calum." I sob out, looking down at the broken skin of my wrist.

I ignore everything he says after that and go back to ending it all.

"It's the right thing. I deserve it." I whisper as I hear banging coming from the locked door.

I don't look up as I hear something breaking as I once again begin to painfully drag the blade down my wrist.

Someone grabs my shaking hand in theirs and tugs the blade away. It's then that I look up and see Ash stood there with tears streaming down his face as his whole body shaking.

"No Ashy please. I don't- I don't want to be here anymore please." I cry out, wanting nothing more than to be able to leave.

"No Penguin, no. I love you okay, I love you so much. Please Lukey, I can't lose you please don't do this. I don't want Calum, I want you. I've always wanted you, you're so perfect." He cries pulling me into a tight hug.

I shake my head trying to pull away, but I feel too weak to fully push away.

"I-I heard you. You don't like me, like you- like you like Cal. And you-you and him always ta-talk secretly about- about me." I sob out, wrapping my arms around him. I don't care anymore, I just want out, but apparently, I can't have that so all I can do right now is hug him.

He litters my head in kisses and shakes his head while keeping his grip on me tight.

"No Lukey. What you heard was me saying how I don't like Cal the way I like you. Because Cal, he is my best friend. But you Lukey, I love you babe. You're my boyfriend, I seriously love you so fucking much. And I had asked Calum if I was right about you hurting- hurting yourself, and he told me. Please don't be angry at us, he didn't want to tell me. But I-I worked it out and I can't lose you Penguin. And we were talking to make sure you were okay, and if- if anything was wrong. I swear, we never- we never said anything bad. We were just worried." He cries out.

I'm not angry that Calum told Ash, how could I. And i'm not angry at them for talking behind my back, knowing he was telling the truth. But the one thing that sticks in my mind, is that he loves me.

"Please say something Lukey." He whimpers, sounding so heartbroken.

"You- you love me." I ask quietly.

He lets out a sad laugh and says, "Yes Luke, I love you so much. And knowing you've done this breaks my heart. I wish with my whole heart that I was able to help you and make you feel better, and I'm so fucking sorry I didn't help."

He pulls away to look at my bleeding wrists, thankfully I didn't cut deep enough to cause too much damage.

As he silently looks at all of them with a sad look, I know he is the one for me. He was always able to make me feel better, and now that he knows, it feels like a weight has come off my shoulders.

"You did help." I whisper, my voice cracking with emotion.

He looks up from where he was looking at my wrists.

"Did I?" He asks quietly while wiping his oncoming tears.

I nod and say, "yeah. Any time I was with you or the others, I felt better. I was never worried about the cuts or thought of doing it while I was with you guys. You made me feel so loved, and I was so happy when I was with you because you made me feel so much better. You're hugs were the best things ever because I feel so safe and loved in your arms."

He cries harder now and wraps his arms back around me holding me tightly and making me feel safe.

"The first time I saw you in that shop I knew I would be back as soon as I could. You are so, so perfect to me, and I fell for you so hard and so fast. But I didn't think someone as perfect as me would ever be with someone like me, then we got together, and I was so ridiculously happy. Even now after being with you for a few months I still love every second with you and I know for the rest of my life with you I'll be so happy." He says while resting his head on mine.

I move to wrap my arms around his neck and sob into his shoulder, feeling so guilty and bad for what I did.

"I'm so sorry Ashy bear." I sob out, while gripping onto him tightly.

He shakes his head and says, "Don't ever apologise Penguin. You've done nothing wrong. Come on, let's sort out your arms okay."

I nod with tears still falling down my face.

Ash stands up then helps me stand on my shaky legs. The door is slammed open revealing a worried looking Calum and Michael.

I'm engulfed in a hug from both sides as two people begin to cry. I wrap my arms around the two of them, knowing I probably don't look amazing and probably scared them.

"Lukey." Calum cries while gripping me tightly.

Michael stays quiet, just burying his head deeper into my neck while crying harder.

"I'm sorry." I cry out feeling awful.

"We love you Luke." Mikey mumbles, it being muffled against my neck.

I cry a little harder and say, "I love you guys too."

"Come on guys, we need to sort out his arms." Ash announces from beside us. They pull back and look down at my wrists, and I can tell they're both heart broken.

Ash lightly grabs my hand and pulls me to the sink to wash my arms, with the other two right beside me.