[23] A Crush On the Former Delinquint

Next Week
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Y/N: POV

It wasn't long until my body fully healed! I could've chose to recover by using my powers but 3 days off from school wouldn't hurt, am I right? Those three days did give me a chance to think over what happened. My heart beaten fast once Kuboyasu presses his lips against my forehead, is that normal?

I think back when Saiki caged me between his arms on the wall. Although back then, my heart reacted the same way.

'Ugh! Boys are right! Womens' heart are so confusing!'
•••

Not long after I departed from my house, Saiki wasn't far off behind me.

My legs pushed itself from my current spot and dashed towards him. Once I was near him, he didn't bother to react or greet me in that matter. Saiki looked distant and dazed which was something he never does.

"Saiki, are you okay?" I question him, waving my hand in front of his face; did not work.

With the snap of my fingers, he blinked multiple times, gaining back conscious from his dazed self. He bent his Kinect down to my height and politely said apologize.

That's when I knew something was definitely up! He never apologizes unless he was told to!

"You look tired. What happened while I was gone?"

"You don't have to worry, it's nothing you should be concerned about."

Saiki held out his hand in front of him, while declining to answer my question.

With nothing to keep the awkward atmosphere from not filling the air, I followed behind him to our destination. Not realizing he heavily breathed out, like finally taking off some weight off his shoulders.

'She's safe'
•••
Saiki's POV

Where has Y/N been? She wasn't in school for 3 whole days. I'm not worried she might caught a cold, but I'm starting to suspect that new transfer student. For the past days, he has been leaving class almost immediately after we're dismissed, and I don't think that's because of eagerness to get out from this useless place of learning. Are these two things connected in some way?
•••

School Hallway

Just as Y/N and I try and pass through the unusually crowded area, we notice the new transfer student, Kuboyasu, talking some sense into a delinquent.

'Only the second week of school for him and he's already making a name and causing some trouble for himself.'

I took a peek at Y/N who only glanced at the purple-haired male. Her face flushed beet red the more she stared at him.

I couldn't tell what she was greenfly thinking due to her blocking my power to hear her thoughts. Then again, why would I be interested in the first place?

'It's not like I'm her boyfriend.'

Moments after the fight broke down and everyone continued to talk amongst themselves, I was about to head to the classroom, only to be stopped by Y/N.

Her head was bent downward, hiding her face from the world of what she's actually feeling.

'Looks like we have another problem up my hands. Her face is practically telling me she likes him. What exactly happened when I was away?'

Kuboyasu's dark eyes met the girl's E/C orbs which lead him to close the distance between them.

"S/N, how are you?"

"O-Oh nothing!! W-What about y-you, Kuboyasu?"

Y/N waved her hands around, doing her best to act natural, despite the fact her blush was deepening. I watched the scene from the sidelines, trying my hardest not to puke out my digested food.

'I can't watch this. I've already had enough of Teruhashi and her incest of a brother. Now I have to deal with this? What did I tell you about God not existing.'

"I'm fine! How's your wound? Are you sure you're fine to go to school at your state?"

'Hospital? Wound? What exactly happened last week?'

I quickly turned my eyes toward her, yet not making any expression. Although deeps down, I was curious and a bit worried.

She lightly kneeled to pat her leg, but giving a sly smile that could fool anyone.

"This is nothing! I've handled way worse things than this!" Y/N gave a thumbs up, cheekily giggling at him.

Kuboyasu opened his lips for a bit, but held it back once he saw her grin. He politely grinned at her as well, slowly breathing out a quick laugh.

"If you're sure. Just take it easy." He slowly a
walked closer while naturally giving her a pat on the head as he passed by.

Y/N widened her eyes as her body froze like a statue. Once he was no longer in sight, she bit her lip, and gave a widest grin I've seen.

"You like him, don't you?" I ask her, lowering my tone of voice.

She glanced at me, with a face that told me she forget I was here.

Y/N played with the hem of her skirt, mumbling the words I barely understood. It was still clear for me that what she said was,

"I...do."

'I don't like this.'