[24] Making him Fall for You

I have no excuse for my lack of writing lately. Well, technically I do if you count not knowing what to write. I'm warning you now to not expect me post much, but I still hope you continue supporting me and enjoying my books! Bye!
•••
3rd Person: POV

During the days that Y/N hadn't fully recovered, everyone had treated her like royalty, especially Kuboyasu. He had especially taken care of her like a princess; he would ask how she was feeling every morning, make sure she catches up with missed school work, and complement her for her small recoveries...

Just like a perfect boyfriend...

...or so she thought.

If anything, this was merely a friend taking care of a friend in need, and Y/N knew that quite well. She wanted badly to push herself pass the friend circle he had formed.

And so, the plan was set.
•••
Next Day

Y/N: POV

Here I was, holding a small black box that was wrapped up with a white lace. I casually took glances down at the box, regretting my decision on this present.

Asking Teruhashi who I can rely on and knew about these types of things was the best decision I thought then, until now.

'Maybe giving him a watch isn't enough,' I thought.

It was true. After all those times he visited me in the hospital, practically asking me every chance he gets if I needed anything, and staying by my side, it couldn't be that this small accessory would be enough to satisfy him.

My breaths slowly turned to a quiet panic attacks! Who knew that handing over a gift to someone out of the blue would be harder than getting a major injury?

I felt my head shook up when I heard that familiar deep voice nearby. Right then, I wanted to run up to him, with a smile over my face, getting lost in the moment that it were just the two of us.There was a slight moment where I felt a bit of happiness, yet as he further on with his words, S/N's name escaped his lips.Those feeling dropped, faster than Flash himself.

Thankfully I was at the near corner of a wall, undetected. My eyes darted over to him, being careful to not be discovered.

Kuboyasu stared at his phone for quite some time, not caring that he drew off people away from him due to his aura. I gulped at the sight of his sorrows expression. My confidence sank, yet my feet started to move on its own.

I made my way closer to the boy, making sure not to startle him.

"Kuboyasu, is something wrong?"

The attempt of not spoiling him failed, but had the effect of getting his attention.

"Oh, S/N, it's just you. Sorry, you surprised me." He widened his eyes for a brief moment before washing away his dazed expression.

I quickly apologize, noticing him taking short glances at his phone of which he was attempting to hide. I knew it was none of my business, yet I couldn't help feeling a little hurt by it.

"What's that gift you have there?" Kuboyasu pointed, trying to change the subject.

Out of habit, I bowed down to him as I held out my hand showing my small gift of gratitude.

""Will you please take it? It's just a small thank you for what you did to me the past week!" I unknowingly squeaked as I faced the ground.

I patiently waited for him to take the gift from my hand. My ears perked as I hear voices of quiet whispers. Before I knew it, the weight that I had on my palms vanished, leaving me to face up once again.

His cheeks were as red as mine, although for different reasons. It was probably too embarrassing for him to face me knowing that everyone had just witnessed me—I mean, S/N give a present to someone.

3rd Person: POV

"Really, you didn't need to give me a present. I was just doing what a normal classmate would do." Kuboyasu exclaimed in his most 'composed' posture, in all reality, he was panicking.

In truth, he had saved many lives, but never received something like this before.

"No, it's totally fine! This is nothing compared to what you have done for me." The girl beamed, spreading a smile across her face.

With hesitation, he opened it slowly, feeling delighted with a hint of guilt. In the process of unwrapping the boxed object, he could already tell it was something he could probably afford in exchange of a car.

'This is the most expensive watch I've ever seen!? I could probably get ten TVs with this thing!'

As he stared in awe at what seemed like god blessing him with great treasure, he soon discovered a white note at the bottom of the box. Reading it, he smiled the answer to this question.

'Will you go out with me?'

"Let's give dating a shot."