4: How Awkward Will It Be At School?

How awkward will it be at school? Rose thought, after she woke up and was brushing her teeth. What if she doesn't like me in that way? Rose, for once, was trapped in self doubt. Stop that, silly billy. Even if she doesn't like you like that, she'll still be your friend, Rose's conscious thought.

Rose had put on her clothes and got her bag and went downstairs. "Hey, Rose. Here's some breakfast!" Rose's mom exclaimed, putting a plate of pancakes down in front of the girl after she sat down at the table. (A/N: I- I don't know if French people eat pancakes, so let's just say they do.)

After Rose ate her mom drove her to school, and she immediately got out of the car when it parked, as Rose was so excited to see her friends. Especially Juleka. She went into the classroom, and there was some time before class started so everyone was chatting.

She saw Juleka talking with Alix and Marinette, however it didn't really look like she was saying anything. "Hi, Juleka!" Rose said excitedly, going over to greet her friend. "Hey Rose. What's up?" Juleka replied, her eyes looking more alive than before she noticed Rose came in the classroom. The two sat in the back of the classroom in their seats.

"Nothing much. But now you're here I'm really happy!" Rose said as she saw Juleka's cheeks brighten. "I could say the same for you," Juleka exclaimed, her voice not as monotone as it usually was.

The two talked before class started. "Hey, Rose," Chloe said, and Rose looked over to the blond girl. "Why do you always wear pink? I mean, that's not even a good color!" Chloe exclaimed, with a sneer. (A/N: The sneer could give Draco Malfoy a run for his money.) Rose looked down, almost starting to cry. "Rose, it's ok. She just wants to piss you off," Juleka whispered in her ear. Juleka wiped the tears Rose didn't realize were on her face with her thumb.

"Every color looks incredible on you, Rose. Especially pink," Juleka murmured. Rose felt herself turning pink. "Oh, thanks. You look good all the time in..." Rose responded, looking Juleka up and down. " "Black and gray," the blonde girl finished and Juleka smiled.

Lessons carried on for the entire day, but Juleka was in all of her classes, as usual. During lunch, she sat next to Juleka and Alix, Mylène and Ivan next to Alix, Kim, Max, and Adrien next to each other, Nino, Alya and Marinette sitting next to each other, Juleka and Marinette next to each other. They all ate their lunch and talked, the whole group taking turns to talk, the conversation changing topics often.

"Hey, guys, remember yesterday? That was crazy!" Kim exclaimed. "Of course we remember that! It was yesterday," Alix pointed out. "At least no one got, like, kissed on the lips or anything!" Ivan said as the rest of the group chuckled, but Juleka stiffened. "Juleka, what's wrong?" Rose asked the girl next to her. "Uh, nothing. I'm fine," Juleka replied. Rose didn't say anything but linked her and Juleka's fingers together.

Juleka said less than usual for the rest of lunch, which is saying something. Somehow, no one else had seen Juleka's odd behavior. The lunch bell rang, and Juleka quickly went to throw her trash away and ran to the next class. Rose followed the taller girl, curious to know as to what was happening.

"Juleka? Did I do something?" Rose asked, worried for her best friend. "Y-No. It wasn't you, Rose," Juleka said, in nothing more than her usual murmur. Rose realized what she was saying. "Did- Did I do something when I was infected? I really don't remember, Jules," Rose exclaimed, trying and still failing to remember anything bad she could've done.

"Just forget about it. It wasn't all that important anyways," Juleka said, and Rose knew she needed to drop it. Rose hugged Juleka. "If you ever want to tell me, I'll be here," Rose exclaimed. "I know. You always are." Juleka said, hugging back the smaller girl.

People entered the classroom, and as lessons continued and Juleka grew a bit less sad than how she was during lunch. Soon, it was the end of school, and Rose couldn't wait to get the hell out of the building, for no particular reason in general.

"Hey, Jules! Wanna go somewhere?" The blonde asked. Juleka nodded. "Sure. Let me just tell my mom I'll be home later," the girl said, getting her phone out. The two walked to a small, pink café and they walked inside.

"Hi, what would you two girls like?" The woman at the register asked. "Hmmm," Rose said, thinking hard. "I'll take the bunny macaroons," Rose finally decided. "I'll have a chocolate scone," Juleka said. "Okay, girls. $10.50," the woman said. Rose took her wallet out and payed for it, although Juleka asked to pay but Rose already got her wallet out.

They took their snacks and got a table in a booth, sitting across from each other. Rose tried her macaroon. Rose's eyes widened, it was such a delicious macaroon. "Hey, don't eat it all! Leave some for me," Juleka said in a teasing manner. "Only if I get to try yours!" Rose exclaimed.

"Deal," Juleka said, and the two girls swapped foods. The two took a bite of the other's food at the same time. "Pretty good," they both said at the same time, as Rose giggled and Juleka chuckled. The two girls finished their food, and walked so Rose could go home.

"So what's that band you were telling me about?" Rose asked. "Oh! The band's called Panic! At the Disco. I've only heard one of the songs, but it's really good!" Juleka said. Rose giggled. "You sound just like me!" She exclaimed. Juleka shrugged. She took her earbuds out and gave one part to Rose, which she accepted. Juleka put the song on, and by the end of it, Rose was almost dancing. "Wow, that is good!" Rose exclaimed.

Juleka smiled, and they arrived at Rose's house. "You sure you don't want a ride back to your house? It'll be easier than you having to walk," Rose said. Juleka booped Rose's nose. "Don't worry. I have long legs. I'll manage," Juleka said. "Alrighty. See you tomorrow!" Rose exclaimed, hugging her friend, and went into her house.

A/N: That's the end of this chapter. So I've been vibing to Panic! At the Disco while writing all of these chapters, so that's pretty cool. Anywho, have a good day/night. Bye!