6: Kitty Section Rehearsal

Rose went to school that morning excited, as after school ended Kitty Section was rehearsing! Rose was ecstatic, and made sure to bring her lyrics with her, which she put in her bag. Unfortunately, Marinette couldn't come because she had to help her dad in his bakery.

"Hey Juleka!" Rose greeted, going up to the tall girl. "Hey Rose," Juleka responded. "I'm so excited to rehearse for Kitty Section! Too bad Marinette can't come though," Rose exclaimed. "Yeah, that won't make Luka that happy, but there are other times we can meet up with Marinette," Juleka said.

Rose nodded. Juleka pulled a book out of her bag and started reading it. "Watcha reading?" Rose asked curiously. Juleka shrugged and showed her the title. "Oh cool! A book about basses!" Rose said energetically. "Do you like it so far?" "Yeah, it's pretty cool," Juleka said. "That's good!" Rose said, and class began to start.

Rose waited excitedly for school to finish so she could head over to Juleka's house. After school, her, Juleka, Luka and Ivan grouped together so they could go to Juleka and Luka's place. Although Rose has been to Juleka's house many times, she was still excited to go each time.

"Here we are," Luka exclaimed. "Here, let me get my guitar. Juleka, should I get your bass?" Juleka nodded. "Alright, sis," he replied, going into the house. "Let me go and unpack my drums," Ivan said, going with some bags over to set up his drum kit. "I'm so excited! I made some new lyrics for the band!" Rose squeaked. Juleka chuckled. "I know. You showed me when I was over," she said. Rose felt herself flush as she remembered what happened that night.

"Here you go, Jules," Luka exclaimed, giving Juleka her bass. "Oh, thanks," she replied. The three looked over and saw Ivan was nearly done assembling his drum set. Rose went to set up her microphone, as Juleka plugged her bass into an amp and made sure it was in tune, as Luka did the same with his guitar.

Rose had to jump to get the microphone to her height, and yet she still failed. "Need some help, Rose?" Juleka asked from behind her. "Yes please. I'm too short to get the microphone," Rose responded. Juleka easily lowered the microphone for the blonde girl. "Here you go," Juleka mumbled. "Oh thank you Juleka!" Rose exclaimed, hugging the girl shortly in thanks.

"Are we all ready?" Ivan asked, as everyone else nodded. "Alright, let's get rehearsing!" Luka said. Rose looked behind her and saw Juleka and Luka with their straps on, looking at Ivan waiting for him to set the beat. Ivan set a heavy metal type of beat, Juleka and Luka followed and Rose started to sing.

"Unicorns, rainbows and puppies
Without these how good would life be?
Mysterious, magical and loyal
With all three of these you can be royal!
Pink fluffy unicorns, double rainbows and cute puppies
Unicorns, rainbows and puppies
Unicorns with their horns, rainbows with all those vibrant colors, puppies, so loyal and energetic
Unicorns, rainbows and puppies!" (A/N: Sorry if this was also crappy. I just thought of it again and got the lyrics from chapter 2.)

Rose finished as she looked behind her. "Yay, Rose!" Ivan exclaimed, getting off of his seat. "Yeah Rose, that was awesome," Luka exclaimed, gently putting his guitar down. "Pretty cool, Rose," Juleka exclaimed, bass strap still around her. "Did you think of all those lyrics by yourself?" Ivan asked. Rose nodded. "Yeah, all me!" She exclaimed energetically.

Ivan checked the time. "Oh, I gotta go. Mylène's waiting for me at her house. See you guys at school!" Ivan said. "Bye, Ivan!" Rose, Luka and Juleka said in unison. Ivan waved and left with his backpack. "I'll be in my room. Come in if you two need me," Luka said, winking at Juleka as her cheeks turned red.

Rose followed Juleka to her bedroom. "So, what are we gonna do?" Rose asked and Juleka shrugged. "Well, we need to do homework first," Juleka exclaimed. "Then we can do something fun." Rose nodded and they did homework, in a comfortable silence as usual.

"Cross my heart, and hope to die. Burn my lungs and curse my eyes. I've lost control, and I don't want it back," Rose heard a quiet voice sing. She turned her head and saw... Juleka singing? That was impossible. Rose had never actually heard Juleka sing before, but hot damn it sounded good.

Juleka suddenly looked up from her work at Rose. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Juleka asked. "You can sing!" Rose exclaimed, shocked. "W-what? No, I can't sing. What gives you that idea?" Juleka asked, clearly confused.

"You were just singing a song from Panic! At the Disco," Rose pointed out. She saw Juleka's face redden. "Oh man, I-I'm sorry. I didn't m-mean to," Juleka stuttered out. "No Juleka, don't apologize. It's okay if you sing. You sound really good anyways," Rose said, and Juleka's cheeks brightened more.

"Oh. T-thanks, Rose," Juleka said and hugged Rose which the shorter girl gladly returned. "Rose, let go. We need to do our homework," Juleka said, but not loosening her grip on the girl. "Just a couple more minutes," Rose replied. After a couple minutes they pulled away from each other, as they needed to complete the rest of their work.

"So, what do you want to do?" Juleka asked after the pair finished their homework. Kiss you, Rose tonight, but no way in hell said it aloud. "I don't know. Do you want to choose something?" Rose replied. "Hm, wanna watch a movie?" Juleka asked after thinking for a second. "Sure. Can we watch a comedy?" Rose asked, keeping her facade of hating horror movies up. "Of course," Juleka said, getting her laptop and going on Netflix.

Juleka set the computer up and Rose placed her head in Juleka's lap, turned to the side so she could see the movie playing. Juleka held one of her hands throughout the movie. Rose was sad after the movie was over, as she had to go home.

"Oh, I have to go home now," Rose said sadly. "Don't worry, Rose. We'll see each other in school tomorrow, and we can text," Juleka exclaimed. "Yeah, you're right," Rose replied and hugged Juleka before saying, "Bye! See you tomorrow!" And she heard a faint "See you, Rose." Rose stopped by in Luka's room. "Bye, Luka. See you next rehearsal!" Rose's exclaimed. "Bye, Rose," Luka said, afterwards going back to strumming his guitar.

A/N: That's the end of le chapter, and I hope you enjoyed it. See you next chapter and have a good day/night. Bye!