17: Vampire AU

It was obvious that Juleka was a vampire. But apparently not to anyone going to Françoise Dupont High School. She was incredibly pale, gothic, and she always spoke in a mumble to hide her fangs. Well, also because she had horrible anxiety, but still. Her magic also helped her hide them, but on days she was tired they showed.

She had always felt other magic around her, but didn't know who it was. She had done some research but gave up after not knowing who it was. She had felt magic all around her nearly all the time. She had close calls with people seeing her fangs before, but changed the topic.

Juleka hated lying to Rose. They were best friends, but Rose would immediately abandon her if she told her. And that would be horrible since she'd liked Rose for as long as she could remember. So she had to keep it a secret, which was hard at times.

"Juleka?" Rose asked. Juleka snapped back to reality. "Were you listening?" Juleka sighed. "Sorry, I wasn't," she mumbled. Rose looked at her, worried. "Are you alright? You seem distracted," she stated. Juleka could not under any circumstances tell her.

Juleka forced a small smile on her face. "Yep, just fine," she replied. Rose gave her an I-don't-believe-you look, but started talking about Kitty Section rehearsal times. Juleka was glad the topic got changed.

Juleka had walked with Rose back to her house, hugging Rose goodbye and walking to her house-boat. "Luka, can we talk?" Juleka asked, going into her brother's room. Luka had put the guitar in his arms aside in its stand.

"What's up? You look worried," Luka said. Juleka sat on Luka's bed. "Should I tell Rose about... y'know?" Juleka asked. Luka thought for a moment. "I think you should. I know her, she won't tell anyone for her own gain," he said. Juleka nodded. "And you know she won't leave you or anything," he added. "Hey, you're saying it like we're dating or something," the timid girl said.

"I mean, don't you two like each other?" He asked. Juleka felt her neck flush. "Well, I do. She doesn't like me in the way I like her," she muttered. Luka looked her in the eyes. "She totally likes you back. And I'm not saying that because I'm your brother. I see it in the way she looks at you," he said.

"H-how does she look at me?" She asked, confused. Luka put an arm on her shoulder. "Like you're her everything," he responded with a smile. Juleka snorted. "No she doesn't. You got it wrong," Juleka replied. Luka shook his head.

"She does. Trust me," he replied. Juleka left his room and thought. Rose couldn't like her. There was no way. She was quiet, timid, shy, anxious. Everything people didn't like. Rose, however, was funny, sweet, cheerful, and most of all, kind. Why would Rose like someone like her?

-The Next Day-

Juleka went to school, very tired from staying up all night thinking about Rose. She would have to mutter so her fangs wouldn't show. But that was easy, seeing as her social anxiety made her usually only speak quietly anyways.

"Hi Juleka!" Rose exclaimed, walking over to their shared seat. Juleka looked to her side. "Oh hey, Rose," she replied, careful not to show her fangs. "You look tired," Rose exclaimed. "Yeah, I was just thinking about stuff," Juleka replied, flushing as she almost said she was thinking about Rose. "What were you thinking about?" Rose asked curiously. Juleka shrugged, turning a bit redder. "I dunno. Just stuff," she mumbled.

Luckily, class started, which saved her from telling her crush what she was thinking about. While Juleka and Rose were in the locker rooms getting their stuff, Rose asked her, "Hey Jules, wanna come to my house?" Juleka nodded. "Yay!!!" Rose replied and excitement and jumped in place, which made Juleka laugh.

The two arrived to Rose's house, where her parents were out running errands, leaving the house to themselves. (A/N: This chapter was released before we find out more about Rose's family, if we ever do.)

Rose prepared snacks, telling jokes to Juleka which made her laugh. Afterwards, they went to the living room, popcorn and sodas on the table in front of the couches. "What do you wanna watch?" Rose asked. Juleka shrugged. "Horror?" She asked. Rose nodded. "Of course," she said dramatically which made Juleka chuckle.

Rose handed the remote to Juleka who picked a scary film, not too scary for Rose's sake. The two started watching, and Rose was halfway into Juleka's lap by the first couple minutes. After a scarier jump scare than before, Rose looked frightened. "Can I sit there?" Rose asked. Juleka saw where Rose was pointing. "That's my lap," Juleka replied. "That doesn't answer my question," Rose said. Juleka smiled, careful to hide her fangs. "Of course. You're always welcome to sit here," Juleka said.

"Thank you," Rose replied, before sitting in Juleka's lap. Rose had taken to throwing her popcorn up and catching it in her mouth, the movie not in her priorities anymore. After Rose had thrown a piece of popcorn up, Juleka grabbed it out of the air and ate it. Rose looked and faced her. "Hey, why'd you do that?" Rose asked.

Juleka shrugged, grinning. Rose grabbed another piece, which Juleka easily caught and ate it. "Hey, give it back!" Rose exclaimed. "Can't, I ate it," Juleka replied, sticking her tongue out to show the blonde the popcorn was gone. Juleka reached over Rose and paused the movie. "Besides, now I can do this!" Juleka said and started tickling Rose. She knew exactly where to get the most effect.

Rose immediately started laughing hysterically. "J-Jules!" She squealed, squirming but failing to get out of Juleka's reach. After a few minutes Juleka took pity on the worn-out girl and stopped tickling her. Rose slumped against her and hugged her, before pulling back with a shocked expression on her face.

Juleka realized what happened. Rose had seen her fangs. "Fuck, look, it's not what you think!" Juleka said, thinking of how to get herself out of this. Rose smiled. "Don't worry, I have them too!" Rose said before muttering something to undo the magic.

"Holy shit," Juleka said. Juleka also undid the magic on her fangs. The two girls hugged. "I wanted to tell you, but I never knew how," Juleka mumbled. "Well now we both know!" Rose replied before pulling back. "What-" Juleka asked but was caught off by Rose.

Juleka's eyes widened in surprise. Rose pulled back quickly. "Oh, do you not feel the same?" Rose asked, looking concerned. Juleka shook her head. I definitely feel the same way," Juleka said before connecting their lips once more. The two, only by each other and their close friends, were known from then on as The Vampire Power Couple.

A/N: Hello! Thanks to @762178 for the idea of a vampire AU! I kinda made the idea my own, but I hoped you all enjoyed. I have another chapter coming soon as well! Also, thank you for almost 600 reads on this story! Once again, this is my most popular story and I have no one to thank but all of you for this. Have a good day/night, and I'll see y'all next chapter!