16: Home Alone One-Shot

Rose was so excited for what would happen in a couple minutes. Her parents weren't home and wouldn't be for awhile, and she'd invited Juleka over. Also, Rose had stole some alcohol from the liquor cabinet. Why couldn't she? Her and Juleka were both 21 and it was the summer.

A knock on the door grabbed Rose out of her thoughts. She opened it so quickly Juleka almost lost her balance. "You're here!" Rose exclaimed, and hugged her best friend. "Yeah, I am," Juleka replied and hugged her friend back. "So what do you wanna do?" Juleka asked.

Rose smiled wickedly, something slightly out of character for her. Rose took Juleka's hand and pulled her upstairs and into her room. Juleka noticed the bottle on the bedside table. "Oh sweet, you got alcohol?" She asked.

Rose nodded in excitement. "Yeah! I got it from the liquor cabinet!" She said. She went over to the bottle. "It's rum. Wait a second!" Rose exclaimed, bounding downstairs. She came back a moment later with a bottle of coca-cola. Juleka grinned and opened the rum.

Rose casually closed the door and sat next to Juleka on the bed. "Rose, have you ever had alcohol before?" Juleka asked her curiously. "Once, but it was just a glass of wine," Rose replied. "What about you?" "I think I've stolen a beer or two from Luka before, but other than that I don't think so."

Rose opened the soda and grabbed the rum. "Me first!" She exclaimed, taking a large gulp of the rum and then cola. She made a face which Juleka laughed at. "That was..." Rose exclaimed, not knowing how to phrase her sentence. "You try!" Juleka grabbed the bottles from her and drank them.

"Oh, that's... alcohol-like..." Juleka said. Juleka grabbed more and drank some. "Hey, save some for me!" Rose said and grabbed the bottle. Juleka and Rose alternated turns drinking the rum and soda.

Soon enough, the bottles were gone and they were both drunk. "Are you gonna get more soda?" Juleka asked, slurring her words slightly. "No, it's too comfy here," Rose replied, slurring her words as well. "Well, can we watch a movie or something?" Juleka asked. "Sure!" Rose said and put on a random comedy.

Juleka carefully grabbed Rose, (however gently a drunk person can) and put her on her lap. "Oh, thanks," Rose said. Juleka hummed in response. After the movie started, Rose turned to Juleka. "Hey Jules!" Rose said. "What?" Juleka replied. "I like your name. Juleka. Juleka," she repeated. "Oh well thanks I got it for my birthday," Juleka replied drunkenly.

Rose sobered up slightly and laughed. "No silly, you got your name from your parents!" Juleka shrugged. "Same thing," she replied. The two went back to watching the movie, and Rose was casually holding both of Juleka's hands. A bit later, the movie had ended.

Rose tackled Juleka on the bed and pinned her down, knowing full well Juleka could easily get out of it. Juleka raised an eyebrow. "Watcha doin' there, Rosie?" She asked curiously. "So you know how we're best friends and stuff?" Rose asked and Juleka nodded.

"Can we be more than that?" Rose asked. Juleka had an extremely confused expression on her face. "Like what?" She asked. "There's no way you..." a look of realization donned on Juleka's face. "You can't, there's no way!"

Only then Rose realized how close she was to Juleka. Welp, Rose thought. "Wanna bet?" She asked and pushed her lips to Juleka's. She realized what she was doing and pulled back. "Oh shit, I'm sorry Juleka!" Rose exclaimed. "It's okay..." Juleka mumbled. "Just why...?"

"Because! You're nice and funny and you're just awesome, alright! And I enjoy being in your company, and yeah!" Rose said. "Thanks..." Juleka replied. Juleka smiled. "For the record, I like you too," she said and leaned in.

Rose kissed her back, excited and happy that her friend felt the same way. When oxygen became necessary, the two pulled away. The rested their foreheads on each other, and they fell asleep like that, Rose on top of her friend.

-The Next Day-

Rose had woken up with a raging headache. She was next to Juleka, the girl still sleeping peacefully. She closed her blinds from the bed, the light making her headache stronger. Her bladder got her attention and she got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked groggily. "Don't worry Jules. I'm just going to the bathroom," Rose replied. Juleka said something incoherent into her pillow and Rose left the room so she could use the restroom.

She came back a few minutes later, and saw Juleka sitting up in the bed. "Look who's awake," Rose teased. Juleka smiled. "And good morning to you too." Rose sat next to her on the bed. She took two pills out of her pockets and some water. "It'll help with the headache," she said and the two took the pills and drank water.

"I'm cold," Rose said matter-of-factly and scrambled into Juleka's oversized sweater, bringing her closer to her friend. "You could've just asked me for the sweater," Juleka said. It was a normal thing for the two to share sweaters and such.

"But now we're close," Rose replied. She leaned in and softly kissed Juleka. Juleka returned the kiss after they had leaned away. "So, are we dating?" Juleka asked. "Of course, silly!" Rose replied and hugged her.

"Cool," Juleka replied. The two started kissing, and Rose sat on Juleka's lap. "Do you two girls want breakfa-" a voice said. They both looked in shock and saw Rose's mom. Rose got out of the sweater. "Uh, yeah sure," Rose said shyly, a blush on her face. "Alright. I'll just leave you two to it. I'll call you down when breakfast is ready." Rose's mom said.

She closed the door and the girls heard footsteps going downstairs. "You owe me $20!" Rose's mom said from downstairs and the two smiled. "At least she took it well," Juleka said. "Yeah, she thought we've been dating for awhile, actually. Anyways, where were we?" Rose asked and got back in the sweater and kissed and kissed Juleka, the latter returning it.

A/N: Hey, thanks for reading this chapter! Sorry I haven't been posting much. I didn't realize it's been like 2 weeks since I last posted until I checked today. Also, if you have any one-shots you'd like me to make, please comment them. Thanks and have a good day/night!