20: Why Does It Always Go Wrong? (One-Shot)

Rose didn't get it. Every blind date she had set up for Juleka had gone awry. Either Juleka forgot, politely cancelled at the last moment or the date had ended on awkward terms. Rose was very confused.

She had gone to her friends for advice. "Girls, what do I do? Every person I set Juleka up with doesn't work," Rose exclaimed. Mylène thought for a moment. "Maybe she just doesn't want to date anyone?"

Rose thought for a moment. "Hm, maybe?" She replied. Alya and Alix sat next to each other with identical smirks. "Guys, why are you smirking?" Marinette asked. Alya looked over to her best friend, that smirk still on her face. "No reason," Alya replied.

"It's just," Alix said. Everyone looked at her, and Alya and Alix smiled at each other. "We're pretty sure Juleka likes you, Rose." Rose turned red. "What? No, that can't be," Rose responded. "Just think about it girl," Alya exclaimed. "She speaks her mind to you, and we all know how quiet she is. She always blushes when she's around you, anyways."

"I mean, I do like her-" Rose started but cut herself off, looking at Alix. A shit-eating grin appeared on Alix's face, her features saying one thing: teasing material. "What I mean is, there's no way Juleka likes me," Rose said. Mylène shrugged. "I get the feeling now she does," she announced. "I'm just gonna go ask her if I should help her get someone to date," Rose said. "Alright, but you're wasting your time!" Alya said in a sing-song tone.

Everyone eventually left Rose's house, and she got a text from Juleka.

Hey, Rose 3:55
Hi Juleka! 3:56
Wanna hang out? 3:56
Yeah! I'll be there in 20 :) 3:57
Ok, see ya there, meet you at the park 3:58

Rose was determined on helping Juleka get a person to date. She deserved it. Besides, she doesn't like me like that anyways, Rose thought, and Rose would do anything to make her friend happy.

Rose walked to the park after saying goodbye to her mom, and saw Juleka already sitting on a bench listening to music. Rose walked over and sat next to her, Juleka having smiled when she saw Rose. Juleka had a pink blush on her face? No, she's probably just cold, Rose thought, although it was August.

"Hey Jules?" Rose asked. "Yes?" Juleka replied. "How come every date I put you with doesn't go well? I thought you liked girls?" Rose queried. Juleka turned a shade of red. "I like a girl," she said, bringing her hand near Rose's. "Well, who?" Rose questioned curiously.

Juleka connected their lips briefly before pulling away. "Wait, who is it?" Rose asked, confused. Juleka didn't answer her but kissed her again. "Tell me!" Rose exclaimed, confused as to why her friend kept kissing her. Juleka looked at Rose before facepalming and laughing. "What?" Rose asked.

Realization dawned over Rose, and it showed clear on her face. "Holy shit," Rose said, eyes wide. Juleka smirked. "Holy shit, indeed," Juleka replied. "Y-you? Me?" Rose asked. Juleka looked as if she was trying to hold back a laugh. "Yes, you dork," Juleka replied, a rare smile on her face.

Rose sat on her knees and leaned in, this kiss not so quick and Juleka responded. "So, I assume that means you like me back?" Juleka asked, her face red. Rose smiled and connected their lips, before pulling away and rested their foreheads together. "Of course," Rose said.

The two sat on the bench, talking for awhile before going to Rose's house. They quickly greeted Rose's mom and went upstairs. They laid down on Rose's bed, talking while Juleka held Rose, kissing every once in a while.

"Y'know what?" Rose asked. "What?" Juleka replied. "Alya and Alix thought you liked me." "I mean, they obviously weren't wrong," Juleka exclaimed. The two kissed again. "You really are oblivious," Juleka said and booped Rose's nose. Rose smiled, and hugged Juleka.

The two fell asleep like that, and Rose's mom quietly entered the room, took a look at the two girls sleeping while hugging each other and smiled. She felt something different than friendship between them now. She stood there for a moment and thought. She quietly left the room and went downstairs, going to call Anarka. She needed to hear this anyway.

A/N: Hey whoever's reading this! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I can't think of anything else to say, so have a good day/night, goodbye, and see y'all next chapter!