5: God Damn, She Doesn't Remember

God damn, she doesn't remember, Juleka thought as she walked back home from dropping off Rose at her house. Juleka wished she could simply forget the feel of a zombified Rose's lips on hers. It felt so good in the moment, but terrible later. Rose did not feel the same, she never would.

She knew she had to tell Rose sometime, but she had no idea when. She couldn't casually say it while they were texting. Juleka could just imagine how that would go. 'Oh, Rose, I forgot to tell you. You kissed me on the lips when everyone got zombified.' She couldn't imagine how Rose could reply to that.

Rose. Sweet, innocent. Well, not in some ways on that last word, but in most. God damn, why was it so hard to have crushes on people? No one ever told Juleka it would be this hard. Oh yeah, Marinette. She was always a mess around Adrien. Juleka sighed. She was always around Rose. How did Rose not even see it when she blushed?

She remembered how Rose's cheeks tinged pink as Juleka has wiped her tears. That couldn't have been blushing though. It was most likely a trick of the light. Besides, why would Rose blush around Juleka? There was no way Rose liked her.

As she approached her house she went in and went to her room and pulled her homework out of her bag. She sighed, before completing her homework.

"Hey Juleka. What's up?" Luka asked, going into the girl's room. Juleka shrugged. "I don't know. Just doing homework," she said in her normal mumble. "So, did you have a good time with Rose after school?" He asked. "Yeah," Juleka replied simply.

"That's good. Are you okay?" He asked, seeing as she looked distracted. She shrugged. "It's just Ivan made a joke during lunch today that yesterday no one got kissed on the lips by the zombies, and I just remembered kissing Rose and it made me upset," Juleka said.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. You didn't tell anyone, so no one knows. You might wanna tell Rose soon," Luka said. Juleka nodded and exclaimed, "Yeah, but I don't know when to tell her. I mean, I can't just casually say it during conversation or anything."

"Maybe just tell her tomorrow? Maybe take her somewhere you won't be bothered and tell her what happened on the bus," Luka said. "I know, but what if she doesn't feel the same way I do? What if the kiss was just from the zombie curse? I don't wanna have to deal with that rejection," Juleka said, knees pulled up to her chest.

Luka put a comforting hand Juleka's back. "Don't worry sis. She probably does feel the same way, I see how she looks at you. But if I'm wrong, I know she'll still be friends with you regardless. She won't let a crush get between the two of you," Luka said wisely. "Thanks, Luka," Juleka said and hugged her brother, who then left the room after returning it.

After she ate dinner, Juleka plugged her bass into the amp and pulled her phone out of her pocket to see the bass sheet music for Nicotine. She played the notes easily, as she was very accustomed to bass. After she had finished, she for once felt pride for herself.

She grabbed her headphones from her backpack and listened to more of Panic! At the Disco. Hm, 'Girl That You Love'. Sounds relatable enough, Juleka thought and pressed play.

*Listen to song now*

Holy crap, Juleka thought. She related to the song so much. She decided to listen to more Panic! At the Disco, and soon was on a Panic! binge. All of the songs were so good. Her favorite was probably 'Girl That You Love' or 'Girls/Girls/Boys'. She searched up the bass tabs for the latter and grabbed her bass.

Juleka actually did have a good singing voice, but never sang in front of others because of her intense anxiety. But Rose was an amazing singer. When she first heard Rose sing, it was a random song, but she wondered how Rose sounded so good.

Rose. Her infinite kindness towards people, how upbeat, cheerful and optimistic she was. Her wonderful naivety. Snap out of it, Juleka thought. She strummed to the song, humming the tune she already memorized.

'Never did I think that I, would be caught in the way you got me-'. Juleka's phone buzzed. She wondered who it was and she picked it up, as it turned off by itself as Juleka played the song.

Hey Jules! 7:30
Hello Rose 7:31
So, whatcha doin? 7:31
Just playing bass. What about you? 7:32
I was working on some more lyrics for Kitty Section! 7:32
Cool 7:32
When's our next rehearsal gonna be? 7:34
I don't know. Maybe tomorrow if everyone can come 7:34
Yay! I'm so excited! 7:35

Juleka went over to Luka's room, and the teenager was playing his electric guitar. "Hey Jules," He exclaimed once he noticed she was in the room. "Hey Luka," Juleka greeted back. "Do you think Kitty Section should rehearse tomorrow?" "Sure, why not? But could you, um, ask Marinette if she could come as well?" Luka replied, his cheeks turning pink. Juleka nodded. "Yup. She'll be happy to see you too,"  Juleka said, as she noticed Marinette and Luka's exchanges.

She walked out of the room, excited Rose and the rest of Kitty Section was coming over, although this was a normal occurrence. She texted the Kitty Section group chat, and the members all agreed to come over to Juleka and Luka's house at the end of school.

Juleka however, didn't fall asleep until late that night, random anxious and depressive thoughts overtaking her. Depression's a bitch, Juleka thought before she fell asleep, simply because she was too tired of the thoughts and fell asleep.

A/N: That's the end of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed, if you have any criticisms, please comment them. Have a good day/night and see you next chapter!