14: Rose's Boyfriend AU

Rose's boyfriend. A bit of a touchy subject. You see, he was a bit of a drunk and slightly abusive. He always acted normal around Rose's parents and friends. He always acted like the best boyfriend in public. Barely anyone had seen his actual self. Well, except Juleka.

Rose and Juleka were best friends, they'd known each other since before high school. Juleka often tagged along with Rose and her boyfriend, because Rose asked her to. She didn't want to get hurt by her boyfriend, whose name was Jack.

Rose had many concealed bruises, and Juleka had never told anyone, her social anxiety always getting the best of her. She was happy, that once again Juleka was coming to hang out. Everyone was, actually.

Adrien and Kagami showed up, along with Marinette and Luka, Ivan and Mylène, Nino and Alya, Alix, Kim, Max, and of course, Juleka. Rose had thought she liked the girl during high school, but ignored it when she met Jack. He seemed perfect at first. But then his facade faded away, and Rose had been stuck with him and his toxicity for almost a year.

Everyone grabbed some cups and poured the alcohols Rose and Jack had put out. Rose sat on the corner of a couch, and Juleka sat next to her with a smile after getting her cup, most likely of vodka. "Cool hang out," Juleka said. "Thanks, Juleka!" Rose replied. Rose took a sip from her cup, rosé, her favorite alcohol.

She saw Jack take some sips from his bottle of beer and stand up. Oh no, she thought, already knowing what was about to happen. No one had noticed. Jack stood near her, pulling her off of the couch, kissing her roughly. Rose pulled back, awkwardly pushing him away. She looked at Juleka with an apologetic smile, and the other girl simply took a sip from her cup.

Jack got the beer bottle he had put on the table and walked away, going to talk with Adrien and Nino. "I'm gonna go outside real quick," Rose said, not wanting to be near her boyfriend. She got off the couch and scurried away and out the back door to the pool. With her small frame, no one noticed her walking.

She sat down, taking her shoes off to dip her feet in the cold water. She had thought about Juleka. How she'd always be there for her. When she cried, when she was happy, angry, and everything in between. Maybe she was feeling attraction?

How whenever the two were changing in the same room and she felt Juleka's eyes on her as they were facing away from each other. Rose turned to face her, a small smile on her face as Juleka turned slightly red. How Juleka always got so close to Rose whenever she helped her with makeup. How the two smoked together while Jack headed to work, Rose blowing the smoke in Juleka's mouth while the latter blushed. Did Juleka like her too?

She was so caught up in her thoughts she didn't notice a certain girl going out to sit with her until they were elbow to elbow. Rose looked to her side, and let out a small breath of relief as Jack wasn't next to her. She didn't wanna be alone with him.

Rose put her head on Juleka's shoulder, thinking. Why was she even with Jack? Why haven't they broken up? Why did she let him do what he did to her? She took her head off of Juleka's shoulder, and looked at her. Juleka turned to face her and copper eyes met baby blue eyes.

Rose didn't know she was leaning in, until she felt a force prying them apart. Shit. She saw Jack practically throw Juleka, her face hitting a rock and some gashes opened on her cheek and lips. Rose was frozen, and Jack looked at her with cold fury and picked her up off the ground.

"Why the fuck were you two about to kiss?! You're straight, and dating me. So don't you dare try it!" Jack shouted angrily at Rose. Rose was so close to breaking down and crying. How had no one noticed them? "You shouldn't hang out with that freak anyway, you're turning just as bad as-" Jack's rant was cut off.

Rose saw Juleka tackle Jack, throwing punches at him. Rose quickly pried her off saying, "Juleka, he's already knocked out!" Juleka eventually pulled away from punching him. The two looked into each other's eyes and they both leaned in, kissing.

They kept kissing, taking slight breaks to breathe and then connecting their lips again. Rose pulled back, wiping the blood off of Juleka's face. Rose didn't know she was crying until she felt Juleka's fingers softly wiping her tears. The two embraced, like usual but at the same time so different. "I'm so sorry," Rose whispered into her ear.

Juleka hugged back. "You don't have to be. It's his fault. Now you're free," Juleka replied, with a small smile. Rose smiled and the two softly kissed again. Rose texted Marinette that they were leaving, and have everyone pack Jack's bag and kick him out of the house after Rose said what happened. Will do! Marinette replied, and the two girls heard Marinette and the others planning how they were going to kick Jack out of the house. They heard the boys were going to pack his things and the girls were going to make a poster saying "You're Out For Treating Our Friend Like Shit. Have A Good Day!"

The two left the backyard to Juleka's apartment after Rose had taken her things, as Jack was still out cold. She iced Juleka's face and the two cuddled watching the movies for the rest of the night until they fell asleep in each other's arms, happy they were finally together.

A/N: Hey, I've uploaded again! I got the idea for this one-shot from Hayley Kiyoko's (AKA our wonderful gay Jesus) Girls Like Girls music video, which I added so you can listen to it if you'd like! Have a good day/night, goodbye and I'll see you next chapter!