12: Sick Juleka

Rose knocked on the door and Juleka's mother let her in. "Thank you Rose for taking care of Juleka while Luka and I go to run errands," her mother exclaimed. "Hey, it's no problem! Besides, we're gonna have lots of fun!" Rose replied, jumping up and down. Luka chuckled at the blonde's energy and waved as the mother and son walked away.

Rose went inside and went to Juleka's room. She found Juleka with several boxes of tissues on the bedside table, along with many tissues lining the floor. She saw Juleka, and oh boy. Juleka looked paler than usual, (which was saying something) and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Hey, Rose," Juleka mumbled, her voice scratchy. Rose launched herself at Juleka to hug her. "How are you feeling? Are you alright?" Rose asked, her voice filled with worry. Juleka chuckled. "It's just a cold. I'm not gonna die," she responded, a half-smile tugging at her lips.

"Here, I brought you some soup!" Rose exclaimed, reaching into the bag she brought with her to get the bowl of soup out. Rose put the bowl on the bedside table, grabbed a spoon and put it next to the bowl. "Why do you have a spoon in there?" Juleka asked.

"So you can eat your soup, silly!" Rose replied. "It might be a bit hot right now, so maybe you should eat it later." Juleka nodded and moved to the side, patting her spot to let Rose into her bed, and Rose sat next to Juleka on the bed.

"Here's the homework you missed," Rose said, pulling some papers out of her bag. "Oh, thanks. But I'm gonna do them later," Juleka replied. Rose put the papers on the bedside table. Juleka silently changed where she was sitting and put her head into Rose's lap, blankets still covering her. She felt Rose's hand in her hair, idly stroking it.

"Do you wanna sleep?" Rose asked. Juleka nodded, and Rose kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, Juleka!" Rose said. "Rose, it's 4 PM," Juleka pointed out. "Also you shouldn't be kissing my head. You could get sick too."

"Then we can be sick together!" Rose said excitedly and Juleka laughed. Within a few minutes Juleka had fallen asleep in Rose's lap, Rose still stroking her hair. After about half an hour Rose felt Juleka stir in her lap and saw Juleka's eyes open.

"Enjoy your nap?" Rose asked as the two locked eyes. Juleka nodded and yawned. "Oh shit," she exclaimed before getting off of Rose's lap to get tissues, as she started sneezing several times before she was done.

When Juleka was done she sniffled and sat next to Rose again. Rose wrapped her arms around the taller girl, Juleka wrapped her arms around Rose, and the two cuddled for a few moments.

"Hungry yet?" Rose asked, looking up at Juleka. Juleka nodded, and Rose removed herself from Juleka to get the bowl and spoon. "I'll make some tea," Rose exclaimed, kissing Juleka on the cheek and getting up.

Rose went over to the kitchen to heat up some water. Once it was done she grabbed two mugs and grabbed two tea bags, raspberry for her and peppermint for Juleka, her favorite. She poured the water into the mugs and poured in some sugar once she allowed the tea to steep. She put some honey into Juleka's mug to help with her scratchy throat.

She carefully carried the two mugs upstairs, trying her best not to spill them anywhere, and she achieved her goal. She walked over and put the mugs on each of Juleka's bedside table before sitting next to her. "How was the soup?" Rose asked. "I liked it," Juleka replied. "That's good," Rose said.

Rose grabbed her mug and started sipping it, Juleka following her lead. "Peppermint, my favorite!" Juleka said. "Of course, how could I forget?" Rose replied with a smile. The two silently drank their tea, but sitting close to each other.

Juleka finished first, and put the mug aside to watch Rose. Rose finished after a moment and put it aside before embracing Juleka. Rose's lips pressed against Juleka's neck and the latter's breath hitched. "At least I finished my tea, or else I probably would've spilled it if you did that," Juleka said breathlessly. "I'll keep that in mind," Rose exclaimed, and kissed her cheek.

Juleka reddened slightly, but this had nothing to do with her fever. Rose moved to kiss her lips but Juleka leaned back. "Rose, I don't want you getting sick," she exclaimed. Rose pouted. "Fine," she said dramatically. "But I can still do this!" Rose moved to kiss the dark-haired girl's neck again, careful not to leave any marks (which Juleka had done in the past), while Juleka leaned her head back, letting Rose have more access.

"You know how great you are, right?" Juleka asked after Rose's lips pulled away from her neck and she recovered her breath. "You're just as great," Rose replied, hugging the girl once more, and Juleka leading into the embrace.

The two fell asleep together, although it wasn't the time either of them fell asleep yet. Luka opened the door and saw the two girls napping, wrapped around each other. He smiled and closed the door, telling his mother not to wake them.

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than usual. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this one-shot. I'm thinking about writing a Marinette x Alya fan fiction, because I've read a lot of those lately and they seem really cute together. Anyways, goodbye and have a good day/night!