2 - Flashback 1 (Best Friends)

Flashback 1 (Best Friends)

I'm in my home at the moment writing my never ending romantic novel that is due next week. I got couple of chapters to go and I know it's going to be completed soon. I always dreamed of Jennie being the lead character in my novel but of course I never mentioned her name there. My genres of novels are always about lesbian, pansexual, asexual relationships. I don't do normal relationship novels. Surprisingly I got paid a lot for this type of novels I'm writing as lots of LGBT community people wanted to read this to soothe their life. Well one more reason is because I'm a Pansexual myself. Hence that's when Jennie comes in to make my imaginations of her loving me and me loving her back which is not really the case in reality. She is my best friend in the world but secretly I am in love with her. Jisoo and Chaeng are also in our best friend group but they are known to be together for how long I cannot remember. Jisoo is so whipped for Chaeng that she will literally buy all the food in the world for her. I do envy them sometimes but not always.

Jennie on the other hand is always sweet to me until sometime I think she likes me back but for sure I will never know that because I never even once confessed about my feelings. She once told me that she is comfortable with our friendship and she don't want to ruin it meaning she only accepted me as her best friend only. I was sad that particular time but if that makes Jennie smile; I am willing to stay like this. Keeping it in lonely heart hoping it will cure one day. Jennie is bisexual from the start I've known her and she is not shy about it. Even her parents accepted her for who she is. We met in our university as I learn English literature and she took Pastry and Culinary Arts. All four of us became best friends because our dorm was set to have 4 housemates. So I was assigned in the same room as Jennie and Chaesoo in one room.

We clicked the moment we got to know each other and later Chaesoo became a thing and I became nothing near to Jennie's love life. Jennie was a very cheerful student back then and now she got her own pastry shop in Seoul. I usually visit her bringing my laptop spending my times at her café. She performed Pastry classes in her Café and all her pastry is really delicious. Jisoo is a game developer and she is so good with it. She usually let me test all her games that she develops, mostly for Android users. She's good but I am not with games at all and I will give up at the end of the testing. As for Chaeng, her work line is more like Jennie but she don't do any pasty and stuff. She is good at food tasting so her work line revolves around tasting food around the world and she is good with it. Most of the time she will give reviews about Jennie's pastry and that's how Jennie's pastry is among the best in Seoul, Korea.

I was reminiscing our memories together when Jennie went in our room telling me it's breakfast time. Oh I forgot to remind you that we remained as roommates and housemates because we are so close, we decided to be together until each of us have our own partner. No problem for Chaesoo because they are together now and as for me and Jennie, we are still single so we lived in the same room.

"Lisa-yahhh, breakfast ready! Let's go and eat with Chaesoo" Jennie dragged me up from my chair and cling her arms with me walking towards Jisoo and Chaeng. Of course they never waited for me and proceed to eat without us. They laugh when I whine about they eating first without waiting for me and Jennie soothed me down giving me extra bacon from her plate. Chaesoo wiggle their eye brows at me because they know how deep my love is for Jennie. When we go for a drink, I never make myself drunk because I know Jennie will know about my feeling and I don't want her to be awkward around me. I once told her about me liking her more than others and she refused to talk to me the whole day after that. I end up apologizing for the words I said and she talked to me again after that. I wonder if she hates me or something but she react so clingy to me. She even supports me when other girls or boys confessed their love for me. But when I was about to entertain them back to get to know them, Jennie became possessive and will control my movement. If I decide to not care, she will not cook or talk to me at all. She is really unpredictable but I like her with my whole heart. I never accept any suitor at all because my hearts always belong to Jennie. I like her more than a best friend but she only wants to be my best friend whom I accept with not so open heart but I will do everything to make her smile.

When we first became roommates, she thought I'm always the happy go lucky one until one day I cried accidentally. My parents are long time gone since I was 16 years old in an accident but they left a lot of money for me to survive. I have a guardian which is my lovely auntie Jane but she got her own family. At first she wants me to live with her but I decline politely. Since my parents have their own house, I live alone there and got a scholarship to further my studies in Seoul, Korea. Why here, because I just want a different air. I want to forget about my sadness and anything that will trouble me hence why I smile everywhere I go. That one day when Jennie found me crying is my parent's death anniversary and I missed them so much. Jennie became more caring after she got to know my situation which why my hearts slowly given to her without her noticing it.

"I'm going to go work now, see you guys later in the evening. Bye my chipmunk baby.." Jisoo lean closer to Chaeng and gave her a peck resulting pink tinted cheeks on Chaeng. After couple of year being together, Chaeng is still shy on the affections given by Jisoo. Chaeng is on her off day today and will spend her time with me even though I did not invite her. I know she wants to talk to me about how I feel about Jennie. Both Chaesoo likes to ask update about me liking Jennie because they know how I really like that cat. Jennie is what I call a goddess with a very sexy cat eyes. When she looked at me, I cannot think straight at all. The way her aura passed through me will be the death of me. She got intimidating look on her face but she herself is very kind. She will feed the stray dogs near her café and always play around with kids coming in to her café. Not forgetting she will give away her pastries to people who needs it and bring extra back home because she knows how I love her pastries. In fact, I love everything about her.

Me and Chaeng bids farewell to Jennie as she needs to be in her café today. Chaeng then told me that we are eating pizza for lunch while watching Netflix. When I heard that, I know it's not about watching, it's about telling my life again and it is true when the clock strikes 12 in the afternoon.

"Have you confessed to Jennie about your feeling monkey?!" Chaeng called me Monkey because she knows how playful I am with Jisoo.

"Not yet Chipmunk, you know she doesn't like me like how I like her? She only thinks of me as her best friend." I looked at Chaeng and she nods.

"You will never know Monkey.. She might hide it as well. You know Jennie is never a person to open up about herself" Chaeng gives me hope and I just nod agreeing to it. Maybe one day I will do it but right now, I just want to be with her and treating her right. I nod at Chaeng and gave her a sad smile and she understand. We continue talking about our life and then I proceed to finish my novel. Being best friend with them never bores me and I never every regret it.