13 - Meeting Ella's Mother

Meeting Ella's Mother

I woke at the sound of the car honking below my apartment. It's 8AM in the morning and I overslept again. I usually wake up at 6:30AM because I think that is the freshest time you can have to drink your tea. Today I was determined to go Jennie's café even though she is no longer there. Not that I can take the heart break again but if she's there, maybe we can have proper closure. I want to seek forgiveness of going away from her without any single goodbye. I am not that strong but I think I can manage now.

After having my tea, I saw my garbage is full and I need to throw it out. I dragged my lazy bum to the garbage bin and went outside my apartment to throw the garbage away. While I was walking through the path way going to the garbage allocated door which is currently beside the lift in between east and west wing, someone shouted my name from the opposite of the route of my pathway. Basically I am living on the west wing but the person who shouts my name is coming from the east wing.

"Auntie Lisa!! You live here too? Pretty Auntie Lisa! I miss you!" I smile looking at the petite kid running towards me.

"My cute Ella, how are you doing?" She is jumping excitedly seeing me and I dropped my garbage bag to carry her.

"I'm fine Auntie Lisa!! I am waiting for my mum to come but I was not supposed to come here. I got excited seeing you and run over here" She pouted and I kissed her cheeks, just like what I do to Jennie when she pouted. She really resembles Jennie a lot but who am I to judge. She might be someone else's child. I saw how Ella blushed when she got the kiss. She and Jennie had the same reaction whenever I kiss their cheeks.

"Aww my Ella is blushing. You are sooo sooo cuteee! You better get back to your mom and dad or else they will be worried" I softly advise her to go back and she pouted again. She got a kiss again and smile brightly making me remember that one person again.

Ella was about to answer me when I hear a voice in distant calling for her. It sounded familiar but I just shrugged. Ella answered her mom and waved me good bye.

"See you at the Café Auntie Lisa!!" I winked at her and she gave me a flying kiss. I used to do that to Jennie and she will give me a flying kiss. Good memories. I proceed to throw my garbage and walk back to my apartment. I can feel someone walking towards the lift but I don't bother to look back and went in my apartment to get ready for today. I was thinking of spending my time at my allocated location in the café if it is still there. I need to start writing my second book by JKLM.

After about 1 and half hour, I was already down in front of the café taking deep breath before going in. Once I'm in, I saw the allocated space was still locked and was not allowed to be taken. I ordered my drink and some pastries to spend time there. My laptop and papers are all in my bag pack. Then I asked the cashier/waiter about the location.

"Hey there, can I sit at that location (Pointing at it). I used to come here and write and was given that sit" I smile at the cashier and she got guilty looking face on her.

"I wanted to give you the seat ma'am but my boss strictly told me that the place is only for one person only and cannot be open to public" She put a sad face and I was amused at her explanation. Is Jennie still here handling the café? I still try my luck with the lady in front of me.

"Pretty please?? When your boss came by you, ask your boss to talk to me and I will explain why I want to sit there" She sigh but still open the place for me. It's a special place for me because I can oversee everything through the glass.

"Thank you so much! Let your boss talk to me if she scolds you ok. I will explain everything" and with that she smile and went back to her location.

Looking at the busy street of Seoul makes me remind the special person in my heart. I used to be so happy to see her face but now, I am not sure how to react after so many years. I guess we drifted apart because I am coward in dealing with my feelings. I broke our promise. I drank my tea while eating the pastries. It still tastes the same, delicious and soft. I smile looking at the food when Ella shouts my name from I assume the kitchen.

"Auntie Lisa!! You cameeee, you cameee... Can I sit here with you? I promised not make any noise. Eomma never let me sit here because she said it is a special place for someone special in her heart." I was wondering if Ella is Jennie's daughter but I shrug it away again and nod.

"Of course you can my darling Ella! Come and sit near me. You give me inspiration to write more today!" I winked at her and she blushed hard. My pen fell under the table and I need to take it so I ducked my head under the table to pick it up when I heard a really familiar voice talking to the lady who gave me the seat.

"Seulgi! How many times I told you not to give the seat to anybody. What happen if the person sitting there return. She will not have a seat there. This will be the last time you let someone there okay?"

"Okay boss! She insisted to sit there and her face is soo cute boss, I cannot say no! Sorry boss" I can hear she chuckle after saying that and I wonder why I am still under the table eaves dropping them.

"Do you want me to call Irene and tell her you eyeing someone else in my café? I will talk to the customer to change seat then. Remember not to do it again" Then I heard footsteps coming towards me and I saw Ella shout.

"Eomma!! Come here, this is the Auntie I've been talking about to you Eomma, she is sooo pwetty. I never told you her name right? Let me get her to introduce herself to you"

"Auntieee, eomma is here, come out from under the table and greet her!" Ella sounded excited and I smile when I picked up the pen and stand straight directly correcting my bangs to greet the boss of the café. My smile suddenly drop when I saw the woman in front of me is the person I've been longing for. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, my love of my life is standing in front of me still looking beautiful as an angel.

===========================================

How is the story so far...? Do comment..