Rubies III

Includes fluff

~~~•~~~

"Lucas!" A twelve-year-old Athanasia exclaimed excitedly, greeting her friend with a tight hug before sprinting to her room to grab a book. "See, I was reading a book today, and it said that there's a spell to change the weather."

A fond smile blossomed on her companion's face, ruby eyes glancing at her bright ones and noting the distinct change. They used to be so dull, far too emotionless, but they were now flickering with so many emotions, gleaming bright with the moon above them. As he listened to the princess babble on and on about some insignificant spell, he kept staring at her and wondering what he should do.

 As he listened to the princess babble on and on about some insignificant spell, he kept staring at her and wondering what he should do

For the past few years, ever since she opened up to him, he had been visiting her more regularly. Then, a couple of weeks after that, he showed her magic. Soon, that was what their evening hangouts became. They would either talk about their feelings, gently cracking the numbness that they held deep within, or he would show her different spells that she read about in a book.

However, that was the issue.

After sleeping for so long, his mana had been depleted while it tried to keep him alive. That wouldn't have been the problem in and of itself. The problem was that, the more spells that she had him display, the more depleted and unstable that his mana supply became. He worried for what would happen if that damned father of hers ever clashed with him.

"Then again, I'm the wizard of the tower," Lucas mused, standing straight once those bright eyes were once more on him, "what can some measly emperor do to stop me from protecting Athanasia?"

"Nobody is allowed to harm my princess."

~~~•~~~
There he is😫🙌🏼 The man, the mage, and the future husband🌝🌚 In my opinion, the lucathy moments really shine during the next lifetime rather than this lifetime so👉🏼👈🏼

Now, I have a confession and a question.

The entire story is actually already written out with all of the pictures to go along with it👉🏼👈🏼All that I need to do is edit them and fact check them a little (still with creative liberty though). So, the question is, how often do you guys want me to update?

I can't do daily because editing gives my perfectionistic ass way too much anxiety🤦🏻‍♀️ However, I can do two, maybe even three updates a week (though, I might limit chapters to one per update if it's three times a week, again with anxiety)?

It's all up to you guys😊