Salvation VI

Includes fluff and mentions of previous abuse, and death.

~~~•~~~

"I knew that she would be here, but I did not expect to be so disgusted by that aura. What is it that you call her, Lucas?" Claude inquired, his voice as cold as ice. Athanasia frowned gently as she stood beside him, only to glare at her smirking lover. "A chimera, your majesty."

"A chimera

"A chimera... how fitting for a wench of black magic. It is ugly." Athanasia bit back her frown, plastering a smile on her face to prevent their guests from panicking. Really, she knew that Claude had less than pleasant opinions of Jennet. It wasn't difficult to guess why.

Jennet, whom she had found out was not even her sister, was a daughter created out of magic by her uncle, Anastacius. Nevertheless, she still considered Jennet her sister, and was a little uncomfortable with the utter disgust in her father's voice. Not to mention that Claude had toyed with Jennet at some point, used her as entertainment by finding amusement in the way that she chirped for the nobles. "Pitiful," he had once called her, even as he wanted to kill her.

"Papa, you're ruining the mood of my ceremony," Athanasia claimed, placing a hand on his shoulder and effectively calming him. When she heard the click of a tongue, she knew that it had to be Lucas- it wasn't the first time that she felt the urge to strangle him.

Felix watched their interaction from a little to Claude's right. He couldn't quite hear what they were talking about, but he did hear the music change. "The next dance is with the debutante girls, your highness. Why don't you join them before dancing with the wizard?"

Lucas was about to refuse for Athanasia when said maiden cut him off. The kiss had left him speechless, much like everyone else in the hall. It had been their first public show of affection, and it was so direct. The nobles couldn't believe that she was already in a relationship, and they wondered if she was so promiscuous. But they dared not say anything out of fear for their lives.

Suddenly, Claude gazed upon the hall, cold sapphires effectively forcing the nobles to bow in submission

Suddenly, Claude gazed upon the hall, cold sapphires effectively forcing the nobles to bow in submission. "How dare they stare at my daughter."