Anchor XI

Includes mentions of blood, previous deaths, and fluff

~~~•~~~

"There are stories, oh memories, of the thousand golden suns. They cast, upon us, a blanket of light. But there in the shadows, yields more than the dark, but a silence so poignant that it pulls us to rest," Athanasia sang, playing with the bird that her father once bought for her. Clad in a chiffon dress the color of the sunset, she waited for her lover and, when Lucas first saw her, he thought, "ah, she really is beautiful."

That dark-haired man leaned against the doorway, staring at his lover with an odd grin on his face. He felt warmth bubble in his blood, an indescribable emotion gathering in his heart. And, although Lucas could not be certain of what it was, he could wager that it was something akin to "love."

"Athy?" He finally called.

"Lucas," The now fourteen-year-old princess hummed, turning towards her lover after placing the bird back in its cage

"Lucas," The now fourteen-year-old princess hummed, turning towards her lover after placing the bird back in its cage. She continued to hum the song as she walked towards the man, smiling broadly when she felt his warmth. Within his arms, she stood on her tiptoes and looked him in the eyes, only to kiss him and relish the way that their lips met again.

"Are you ready?" The young man asked after they parted, leaving his hand outstretched even as he backed away from the princess. "With you, always."

"Stop being so sentimental," he commented by habit, kissing the hand that she had placed above his. And when laughter filled the room that they were in, Lucas straightened his back and led his princess to her father.

"And? If I stop, won't you start sulking?" The princess hummed again, a sense of satisfaction filling her as she saw her lover blush. He ignored her comment but she knew, if she dared to stop reminding him, he might forget how much he meant to her.

The duo passed the gathering of the palace staff, ignoring the grins on their faces as they saw that the couple was holding hands. However, as soon as Lucas saw Lily, he bowed, respectful towards the one who had always been by his lover's side. Affection swirled in her pair of turquoise eyes, much like how Athanasia's sapphires gleamed warmly beneath the chandelier lights.

And, when the palace doors opened, she squeezed her lover's hand, whispering softly, "That was nice of you."

He squeezed her hand back with a blush on his face, and Athanasia hummed, "He's being adorable again."

"