༆ 4.2

𝟷𝟸:𝟷𝟻𝚙𝚖

𝐉 𝐀 𝐄 - 𝐄 𝐔 𝐍 ఌ

I can't believe I have to be paired up with Jeon Jungkook. Not that I hate him or anything but there was something about his presence that bugged me.

Well, I guess only a few minutes of being alone with him won't hurt, right? Like any other job where I have an annoying co-worker and I have to work with them. I can just act professionally.

After passing by Yunhee and Namjoon oppa, Jungkook and I continued walking in silence. Surprisingly, he was quiet. That made me glad although uneasy that he wasn't on his usual 'bugging me until I'm annoyed' mood.

We're assigned to get some water. Although we still have water left, it's a good idea for us to have some extra to drink while we're walking.

We then heard the rushing of water and followed that sound. Sure enough, there was a stream. With the bottles that we brought, each of us carrying two bottles of 500ml, we filled all of them up to the brim. Our only task is to get water, and Sohyun would be purifying it once we got back.

Both of us then quietly walked away from the stream and on our way back. I wasn't concentrating and I was only looking at the ground while walking, following Jungkook's steps when he spoke to me.

"Wait, where are we?"

What he said made me stop walking and look up to him.

"What do you mean 'where are we', aren't you the one leading the way?" I said to him.

"What? I was following you." JUNGKOOK said and pointed at me, holding up one bottle in the process.

"No, I'm the one following you!"

With only those words that we exchanged towards each other, I have come into a realization. And this ain't good news.

"Oh sh*t."

𝟸:𝟶𝟶𝚙𝚖

𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐃 ఌ

The two definitely knew that they screwed up.

Because they carried some bottles, they didn't get to bring anything else to use to mark the trees. The two also forgot to at least stack some rocks or hang some twigs tied in a knot on a tree.

Well, in Jae-eun's defense. She's very distracted and so deep in her thoughts ever since yesterday and she certainly did not feel well. But now that they are lost and not to mention that the surroundings suddenly became gloomy as if bad luck will now be pouring down on them, Jae-eun has to concentrate and act.

"So should we like try to find our way back or-"

"No," JAE-EUN stopped Jungkook. "We are clearly lost and if we try to find our way back when we, being dummies, forgot to leave some signs we'll get even lost. If we left and went too far away from the stream, there's a chance that they can never find us and we can never find them. It's best if we go back to the stream and just don't try at all. Let them come to us. If we're gone for too long, the first thing they'll do is to find us by going to the nearest water source they could find. Surely they're not heartless to leave us too. They will come for us."