Voiceless

"Chan, hurry up or you'll be late for school." My little sister came into my room and shook me awake.

I smile at her and pull her into a hug.

"Thank you flower. Go ahead and get ready so I can drive you to morning care." She nods and runs back to her room.

"CHAN! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!" I sigh as I here my mom yell.

"I just woke up." I say normally and change my clothes quickly.

"You and that bitch should be gone. I wish I never had you." My mom mumbled and it took everything in me not to punch her.

"We'll be gone soon." I say back and glare at her.

"Come on flower, let's get going." I say sweetly as my little sister hopped to me.

I get everything I need for school and grab my keys.

I drop my sister off at mornin care and head to my school so I'm not late.

"Hey Chan! Why the sad face?" My friend Jisung said as we walked to our classroom.

"Mom." Jisung nodded understanding what I meant.

"Did you hear about the new kid? Apparently he's mute." I raise a brow at him.

"Mute? Why?" Jisung shrugged and sat down in his seat next to me.

"Something happened when he was younger I guess. Also some say he's not really mute but just doesn't like talking, It's not any of my business though." I nod.

"Have you seen him?" He shook his head and sighed.

"He's supposedly in our class though. That's the only reason I heard about him." I nod again and lay my head down.

"Insomnia is a bitch." I groan and try to sleep but the teacher came in with another student.

The teacher whispered something to him but he just stared at her.

"Right...you don't talk. Class this is lee Felix. He's your new classmate so be kind to him." I stared at the new kid as he sat at the front of the classroom.

"He's not too bad." I whisper to Jisung and he nods.

"Looks just like your type." Jisung whispered back to me and I flicked his forehead.

"He doesn't even talk."

"So what? He can't talk and you can't sleep. Help each other." I roll my eyes.

"That's not how that works and he can talk but he just chooses not to." I roll my eyes once again and Jisung scoffed.

"Watch and see. I'm always right."

"Then why did you fail science last year?"

"Science is hard ok?!"

"Han Jisung, detention." I hold in my laugh as Jisung pouts and shoved me out of my seat.

We continued class and finally the bell rang.

Jisung stood up and walked up to Felix immediately. I follow just to make sure he doesn't scare Felix.

"Hi, I'm jisung. This is crispy." I sigh.

"My name's Chan not crispy." I pinch Jisung's arm and he slapped my wrist.

"You sometimes go by Chris and that's very close to crispy." I glare at him and he turns back to Felix.

"Anyways, I came here to ask a favor for my dear friend here." I raise an eyebrow.