Sunshine and Softness

This one is pretty short, but I was tired and feeling soft so I hope you enjoy!

The gentle light of the sun shined through the pale white curtains. Rays of soft light landing delicately across the faces of the two sleeping males. The shorter brunette’s eyes fluttered open to see his taller blonde friend still asleep beside him, sunspots dancing gently across his features. The warmth of the sun only made the room more peaceful and inviting. Jaren stared at his partner and smiled softly. His hand moved forward and gently caressed his lover’s face. His long eyelashes slightly fluttered as the taller opened his eyes slowly. The two locked eyes and smiled.

“Good morning,” Jaren’s voice was soft and filled with love. His eyes shined as he stared into the blue-green eyes of his lover.

“Good morning,” John’s voice had a slight rasp to it. He leaned in and placed a delicate kiss upon Jaren’s lips. The softness of the touch made the younger smile a bit.

“How did you sleep?” He asked as the two pulled back.

“Good,” John smiled, cuddling his lover close to him. “How about you?”

“I haven’t slept that well in a long time,” Jaren shifted a bit so he could place a soft kiss to the older’s jaw before cuddling into his bare chest. John chuckled a bit.

“It’s probably because I exhausted your ass,” Jaren began laughing loudly at that comment.

“Shut up,” He beamed. “I love you.”

“I love you more,” John smiled down at him.

“Fuck off with that gay shit,” he laughed and John joined him. He pulled Jaren close and cuddled into him, peppering kisses all across his face and neck. The smaller giggled at the feeling.

“You chose me, dummy. You gotta deal with this gay shit,” John’s smile was bright.

“Good,” Jaren said with a smile. “I love you and all that gay shit,” Jaren was attacked with another barrage of kisses. John pulled back and sat up and stretched, letting out a soft yawn. Jaren leaned on his arms as he watched his partner. John tossed the blanket off himself, revealing his nudity. 

“I think I’m going to shower, care to join?”

“Sure, a shower sounds nice.” The two arose from the bed and headed into the bathroom, running a hot shower. The two basked in the warm water together, allowing it to wake them from their sleepy state. John lathered the smaller’s hair with shampoo, giggling as he began spiking it up. Jaren laughed and lathered John’s hair with shampoo as well. “You’re so cute.”

“Nah, I’m just dumb,” John joked and Jaren burst with laughter.

“I love you,” He leaned forward and kissed him. They rinsed their hair and applied conditioner. They did a quick wash of their bodies before rinsing off and getting out. John turned off the water as Jaren dried off, tossing a dry towel over to the taller as he did so. After the two dried off they got dressed and sat down together and put on a movie.

“I’m so glad to have you in my life,” John said as he admired his partner. Jaren looked up to him as he continued. “ You have had such a positive impact on my life and I genuinely don’t know where I would be without you. You have always been there for me, no matter what, and you’ve made me realise how much good is in the world. I don’t know how you did it, but you made me love the world again and you made me feel like I could really achieve my goals and grow. You’ve changed my life, and I can’t thank you enough”

“Oh, John,” Jaren had tears in his eyes as he kissed the taller. “I love you so much. You have made my life so much better since I met you-”

“Jaren,” John cut him off, but then hesitated for a moment. “Marry me.” Jaren looked shocked for a moment.

“Wait, really?”

“Yeah,” John shrugged a bit, feeling nervous.

“Fuck yeah, let’s do it!” Jaren beamed kissing his lover deeply. “I love you, John. So much.”

“I love you, too, baby. I love you so goddamn much.” The two beamed with joy as they slipped into their own world together. Everything was perfect as long as they had each other.

“Should we tell our parents?” Jaren asked and John pondered for a moment.

“Later, right now, we are going to eat and then I am going to go out and actually get you a ring,” The two laughed and shared another soft kiss between them. “I love you.”

“And I love you.”