A Dress, A Party, A Love

"Come on! I'm sure you look fine!" Tobi called to a slightly timid Jaren.

"I don't know..." His nerves were getting the better of him. His friends were waiting outside the bathroom for him, and he knew it. That only made his nerves spike higher. He looked at himself in the mirror, eyes raking up and down his own body as he contemplated whether or not he liked this.

"Just do it!" Tobi tried to encourage him. Jaren sighed deeply before deciding to just do it. He turned to the door and walked out hesitantly. He looked out to see Tobi, Swagger, Marcel, Tyler, and John waiting patiently. He sucked in another deep breath before pushing the door completely open and stepping into view. The room filled with "wow"s and "nice"s as his friends looked him up and down. He felt a bit nervous with his pale leg exposed.

"I told you it would look nice!" Tobi smiled and Jaren shrugged a little. He swished his hips lightly to make the bottom twirl a bit. The pink fabric flowed down to his knees. It was a very simple dress.

"It's weird how well it suits you," Marcel laughed.

"Yeah! I was thinking the same thing!" Swagger quipped. Meanwhile John was just staring. He hadn't said a thing as he marveled at the shorter boy.

"So are you going to wear it out?" Tyler asked, smirking a bit. Jaren had said he would wear a dress out with the group earlier that day.

"Well..." Jaren started.

"Awe, c'mon! You look good!" Marcel tried to ease his worries.

"It's not that, I just..." He paused, "Could I pick a different one?" He didn't like the way this one rested on his body, and he wasn't super fond of the hot pink colour.

"Of course!" Tobi spoke and pulled Jaren over to pick out a different dress. They looked through a variety of dresses and landed on a dark blue one. It fell just above his knees and hugged his body very nicely. He looked at himself in the mirror and twirled a bit. His cheeks tinted pink as a smile crept onto his face. Tobi watched as the boy beamed. "You like it?" Jaren nodded and smiled.

"It's pretty," He continued to swirl the skirt portion of the dress happily.

"Are you ready to go?" Tobi asked and Jaren nodded once more. The two walked out and joined the rest of the group again.

"Damn! Look at you!" Swagger praised and John stared, absolutely mesmerised. Jaren blushed and thanked him.

"Are you ready to go?" Tyler smiled and everyone agreed. The group headed out, arriving at the party not long after. A large group of their friends and other YouTubers had all gotten together and decided to throw a party since so many of them would be in the same town during the convention. The house was relatively crowded, considering the amount of people there. So John held on to Jaren's hand to keep him close. Jaren didn't think much of it, he had held John's hand before. It was actually quite comforting to have his friend close to him. The rest of the group quickly began to disperse, communicating with the other attendees, mingling at the snack table, and pouring themselves a drink. John and Jaren remained close.

"I know I didn't really say anything before, but that dress looks amazing on you," John complimented and Jaren smiled.

"Thank you," Jaren leaned closer to John as people pushed by him. "Do you want to dance with me?"

"Why not," John shrugged and pulled Jaren to a slightly less crowded spot, closer to the music. The two began doing something that was a poor excuse for dancing, but they were having fun. They jumped around to the music, only somewhat on beat, too focused on one another to care. The two smiled and laughed together as they jumped up and down, drawing the eyes of a few people nearby. Not that either of them had noticed.