THREE.

THREE. THE FIRST DAY

SOMETIMES DAISY WISHED RHEA WASN'T A RIDE OR DIE TYPE OF FRIEND. Maybe if the woman had convinced her to stop after the first few drinks, she wouldn't be walking into the BAU with a hangover.

"Morning, Alvarez!" Derek Morgan cheered as she stepped through the doors, but she shoved past him irritably, headed for the coffee machine. He glanced back at his confused coworkers, before following her. She groaned as he slid up beside her, watching as she didn't bother with milk or sugar. Once the agent caught on, a wide grin spread across his face. "Party too hard last night?"

"Watch it," she grumbled, walking back past him and towards the bullpen, where she mustered the most professional face she could. In front of her were several agents, though three in particular were watching her carefully. She assumed it was the team she had been assigned to. "Hi, I'm Daisy. I got moved here from teaching at the academy."

"Wait, Daisy Alvarez?" the dark haired woman asked with a quirked eyebrow. Daisy nodded. "Didn't you lead the bust on the Fisher drug ring?

Daisy opened her mouth to respond, but Derek clapped a hand on her shoulder and spoke up for her. Daisy resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "That was her, alright. Alvarez, this is Emily Prentiss, Jennifer Jareau and Doctor Spencer Reid."

Daisy shook everyone but Spencer's hand. He settled on a rather awkward wave. "It's nice to meet you all."

"Morgan said Strauss got you this job," Jennifer muttered. She was clearly quite unsure about the new recruit. Daisy didn't blame her. She knew what kind of person Strauss was, and in all honestly, she didn't want the others to think they had some sort of special relationship.

"I wish Strauss got my foot up her ass," she responded rather curtly, catching the team by surprise. Derek's eyes widened and he turned his head so that he didn't laugh, while the others were too shocked to say anything. Daisy sipped her coffee. "No offence to you guys, but I was happy where I was; teaching kids how to identify cocaine from flour."

Her remark earned a few chuckles, though they died down when two men exited an office above the pen. Daisy's attention turned to them, and she made eye contact with the taller, dark haired man first. Aaron Hotchner. She recognised him immediately. The giveaway was the deadly serious expression on his face, and for some reason, the first thing she thought of was if he had ever laughed in his life.

"Agent Alvarez," he said, walking down the steps to the pen and outstretching his hand as he approached. He didn't smile, or make an effort to be particularly friendly. "SSA Aaron Hotchner, this is SSA David Rossi."

"Yes, Agent Hotchner, we've met," she shook his hand before turning to Rossi. She didn't bother looking at Hotchner's reaction to what she said; though deep down she hoped she'd caught him off guard. She only vaguely remembered their first meeting, but she knew he didn't. "Good to meet you, Agent Rossi. So, uh, where's my desk?"