THIRTY FOUR

unedited

also idk if i've use this gif before but i also don't ~care~

THIRTY FOUR. A PLACE TO STAY

"ARE YOU GONNA BE OKAY TONIGHT?" Spencer asked as he packed his shoulder bag. He was wearing his glasses due to his fatigue, and his curls fell into his eyes as he looked up at Daisy. After the news that Foyet had escaped, the team had been kicked off their pedestal, leaving them all more exhausted than usual. "Do you want to stay at mine?"

"I'll be fine," Daisy managed a smile, hiding her shaking hands. She wasn't really planning on going home just yet; she didn't feel comfortable there at the moment, not with Harry possibly watching her. 

Spencer didn't believe her, and he reached into his drawer, pulling out a new file. He slid it over to her desk and swallowed nervously. "I, uh, got Garcia to find anything she could on Harrison."

"You told her?" Daisy's eyes widened a fraction and her voice lowered into a harsh whisper. "Spencer, why did you-"

"Emily knows, too," he muttered, and she gripped her pen so hard it snapped. She swore as ink splattered over her fingers and onto her paperwork. She jumped up, causing her bad arm to swing and hit her chest. Spencer rushed forward to help her, but she backed away, forcing the heat behind her eyes to go away. "Daisy, I couldn't keep quiet about this, not after what he did to you."

Daisy let him gather some tissues and clean her workspace. He took her messy hand in his and wiped the black ink away, leaving a significant stain on her skin. Daisy sighed, resting her head on his shoulder. "What if it's nothing?"

"What if it isn't?" Spencer was quick to retort, tossing the tissue in the direction of the bin and missing. He pulled a face, but shifted his attention back to his friend. There was hardly anyone left in the BAU besides Hotch and a few other agents, as the others had called it a night. "You're not in any state to be fighting this guy off by yourself."

Daisy went to protest, but at the constant shooting pains in her arm, she kept quiet. 

Spencer took a step back, but his hand still hovered on her good arm. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?"

Daisy nodded. Her eyes flickered down to the file, and she struggled to maintain her upturned lips. "Did Penelope find much?"

Spencer hesitated, before he picked up the file and put it in his bag. "We can talk about that in the morning, alright?" 

"Is it bad?" Daisy asked, her brows furrowing in concern. Spencer shook his head quicker than she'd like to admit, and he stepped around her to pick up the tissue that missed the bin. "Spencer-"

"Don't worry," he assured her, though he wasn't really the best at doing that kind of thing, unless it was with a victim he didn't know all too well. He looked up at Hotch's office, seeing the silhouette of their boss. It wasn't unusual that he stayed later than everyone else, and now that he knew Foyet wasn't in custody, he'd probably be there until the sun came up. "Just...please call me when you get home, and when you wake up, and when you leave, and-"