TWENTY FIVE

unedited

TWENTY FIVE

TWENTY FIVE. DAISY, UNDERCOVER

DAISY GRUNTED AS SHE SLIPPED THE DRESS SHE'D WORN IN VEGAS OVER HER HIPS. She looked in the mirror on the wall of the locker room, shrugging in it a little to flatten out any creases. She looked hot, sure, but the fabric clinging to her skin reminded her of...

"Alvarez?" a knock at the door was followed by Hotch's deep voice. Daisy froze, one hand between her boobs to shift them properly into place. She pursed her lips, trying to figure out exactly what to do. She looked over at the closed door and pulled her hand out, brushing herself off. 

"Uh, come in," she called back. 

The door swung open and her superior stepped inside, his eyes falling on her. He didn't speak for a moment, taking in her figure. She was incredibly beautiful, this he already knew. But to see her in the dress he'd rejected her in - the dress she'd be wearing as bait to attract a predator...it didn't sit right with him. He cleared his throat, watching as she put in a pair of hoop earrings. "You're okay with this, right?"

Daisy looked over at him for a second, her brows furrowed. "Yeah, I'll be fine."

Hotch didn't appear entirely convinced. 

Daisy climbed over the bench and reached into her locker for a pair of high heels one of the women at the police station had lent her. They looked incredibly uncomfortable, especially for a women who wore sneakers most of the time. She was dreading having to spend the night in them. "Listen, Hotch. I've dated people worse than this Viper guy."

"Wow," Hotch muttered, though he lost his train of thought as Daisy approached him and turned around, revealing her bare back. 

"Can you zip me up?" she asked, her heels in one hand and a tube of lipstick in the other. She briefly glanced over her shoulder, waiting for the man to respond, but he seemed to be struggling to find the words. She chuckled softly. "Earth to Hotch?"

"Sorry," Hotch mumbled, reaching out and taking the zip between his finger and thumb. As he zipped up her dress, his hand accidentally brushed against the skin of her back, causing goosebumps to rise. Daisy involuntarily shivered, and Hotch apologised once more. Before the dress was full done, he caught a glimpse of a fading scar on her shoulder. "Is this from-"

"Yeah."

"Right," he said quickly, completing his task and stepping away. "Sorry, again."

"It's okay," Daisy replied a little awkwardly. She couldn't deny that she missed the warmth of his hands as he pulled away, but she composed herself before she spun around. 

She didn't realise how close they were, as when she turned, her face was only mere inches from his. A few seconds of silence hung over the pair, both of them sneaking glances at each others lips. Hotch began to lean in a little, but Daisy took a step back.