TWELVE

unedited

TWELVE. LA PLATA

OVER THE COURSE OF TWO MONTHS, THE TENSION BETWEEN HOTCH AND DAISY HAD NOT SETTLED. They were at each others throats every chance they got, and once their hickeys faded, they had the freedom to talk shit to each other without raising so much suspicion. The team (besides Emily and Rossi) had forgotten about the awkwardness, and had just embraced the bickering between the two agents. 

Daisy couldn't help herself. There was just something about Hotch that ticked her off. Maybe it was how he hardly ever smiled - maybe it was the lack of emotion in his voice. No, it was the complete lack of trust he had in her. She wanted her chance to prove herself, though she knew it would take a while. 

"You know what," Penelope Garcia looked over at the agent, who was sitting on the floor of her 'bat cave', picking at a salad that tasted like nothing. Daisy looked up at her colleague, now used to not knowing what to expect. The woman was unpredictable, but had an extremely comforting aura surrounding her. As soon as the two had officially met, they were inseparable. "I think you two just need to do it."

Daisy's eyes widened. She hadn't told Garcia about her and Hotch, mostly because she knew the techie would tell Morgan, who would tell JJ, who would tell Spencer, and it would all come around full circle and be incredibly embarrassing. However, that didn't stop Penelope from 'shipping' the two coworkers. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"It's a classic haters to lovers," the bleach-blonde grinned mischievously. She was convinced that the two were meant for each other, and would never let Daisy forget it. Luckily she hadn't been there to see the evidence that there had been some interaction. "It's fate, you can't stop this kind of thing."

"I despise him," Daisy wasn't usually one for such words, but she felt the need to make her point clearer than it already was. "He treats me like I'm an idiot. He never lets me go out into the field, and he acts like he's the smartest man to ever walk the planet."

"He's such a nice guy," Garcia whined, throwing her hands up in the air. "You just have to get to know him!"

"Until he proves to me that he's not an arrogant prick, I'll give him a chance," Daisy shrugged, taking another mouthful of her salad. She pulled a face at the taste. "God, this is disgusting."

"At least you're eating," Garcia chimed, spinning around in her chair and tapping away at her keyboard. "You worry me sometimes, girl."

Daisy scoffed, though her lip twitched upwards a little. Garcia had been the only one to notice Daisy's unhealthy habits of forgetting to eat while working, lasting an entire day on an energy drink and a few snacks. She hardly slept as it was and was on her feet all day; it was a shock she hadn't passed out in the middle of a police precinct. So, Penelope made sure that she ate every time they saw each other, even if it was only for a few minutes.