Chapter 1: Breakups

"You guys go, I'm just going to go down to the Prefect's Carriage and see if Nick is still there. I'll meet you guys by the family in a bit." Lily said to Caroline and Hugo, as the train pulled to a stop at King's Cross Station. Lily, Hugo, and Caroline had just finished up their 6th Year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was a little strange now because they were the youngest in their family, but the only ones left that still attended Hogwarts. Rose, Albus, and Scorpius had graduated the year before, and Louis graduated this year.

    Lily had a great year this year. After Rose graduated, she was picked to be Quidditch Captain. She was Captain and Seeker, Hugo was Keeper, and Lorcan was one of the Chasers. With them and the rest of the team, Lily led her team to Quidditch Cup victory once again. She couldn't wait to do the same in her 7th Year. Another thing that was great for her this year, was that she was seeing someone. His name was Nick Carson, and he was a Beater for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. They went on Hogsmeade dates, and maybe have adventured to a broom cupboard once or twice. Anyways, Lily had a great school year, and couldn't wait for what this summer and next year would have in store.

    "Nick, Nick, Nick. All you ever do is talk about Nick!" Hugo sated, as he was gathering up his things in the compartment that they were sitting in. By they, I mean, Hugo, Lily, Caroline, Lorcan, Lysander, and Daisy. The last three had already left, so that left Hugh, Lily, and Caroline in the compartment. Hugo only had to do his prefect rounds the first half of the train ride, which was why he was sitting with his friends instead of in the Prefect's Carriage.

    "Oh shove off! You do the same exact thing about Daisy! Well, you don't talk, you just show it in a broom cupboard!" Lily hissed back, with a bit of humor in her voice, as she made her way to exit the compartment. Daisy and Hugo had been seeing each other for a while now. And, Lily got the full scoop on their relationship because her and Caroline shared a girl's Gryffindor dormitory with Daisy and a few other girls.

    "Well, I'm sorry, I just don't trust him! There's something up about him! I just know it!" Hugo replied, as Lily exited and rolled her chocolate brown eyes that were identical to her mum's. As Lily walked down the train, Caroline and Hugo left the compartment to go find the Potter/Weasley family waiting for them out on the platform.

    Lily made a long-ish walk all the way down the train. She knew that Nick would still be in the Prefect's Carriage. Eventually, she made her way to the door that had a P painted on it, and slid it open to let herself in. But, when she slid the pocket door open, she screamed in shock. Something she thought she would never see. That sight was Nick snogging the brains of of his Prefect partner, and Lily's enemy, Olivia Chang.

    Olivia Chang was a Ravenclaw Prefect, Quidditch Captain, Seeker, and daughter of Cho Chang. (Cho had divorced her muggle husband, so her and Olivia took Cho's maiden name). Olivia and Lily had been competing with each other for years. They were both Seekers and Quidditch Captains. Olivia won at the Prefect department, but Lily won at the boyfriend department, or so she thought.

    "OH YOU SLIMY MOUTHED TOSSPOTED GIT! HOW COULD YOU!?!" Lily yelled as she saw her boyfriend snogg the mouth of Olivia Chang. Lily had definitely inherited her mum's feisty ness when it came to these kinds of situations.  She couldn't believe it. How could he? Her and Nick had the best year together, how could he stab her in the back like this? Lily didn't know what to do. She stood there frozen after she yelled that.

    "Lily! It's not what it looks like!" Nick said very nervously as he broke away from Olivia.

    "You didn't tell Potter yet? Oh, this is going to be so good! See you soon Nicky." Olivia sneered with a wicked grin on her face, then left the carriage.